FB Instant Games - Adverts

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • Facebook created an Audience Network for my game. Same name of game with "- Audience Network" appended to it.

Is this necessary to show ads?

If so, does this need to have Instant Games enabled?

Or do you just leave it alone?

• Facebook created an Audience Network for my game. Same name of game with "- Audience Network" appended to it.

Is this necessary to show ads?

If so, does this need to have Instant Games enabled?

Or do you just leave it alone?

in FB business manager you need to have your app registered as a deta source. Data Sources -> Apps

In the Properties you need to have a property registered, where your app is an asigned asset. Data sources->Properties

Then in monetization manager you set up your property with Instant ads, and the ID you get there is the one you fill in into Construct events.

you can look into your app, under ADvanced and verify thet the business manager is linked there as well.

(this is how I did it, but you can maybe do it in many different ways! I can also say that their layout/setup changes very often, so evrytime you look into this manager the setup is different )

• > Facebook created an Audience Network for my game. Same name of game with "- Audience Network" appended to it.

>

> Is this necessary to show ads?

>

> If so, does this need to have Instant Games enabled?

> Or do you just leave it alone?

>

in FB business manager you need to have your app registered as a deta source. Data Sources -> Apps

In the Properties you need to have a property registered, where your app is an asigned asset. Data sources->Properties

Then in monetization manager you set up your property with Instant ads, and the ID you get there is the one you fill in into Construct events.

you can look into your app, under ADvanced and verify thet the business manager is linked there as well.

(this is how I did it, but you can maybe do it in many different ways! I can also say that their layout/setup changes very often, so evrytime you look into this manager the setup is different )

Ok, thanks. I'll check that out.

But when you go to your App Dashboard, do you have an Audience Network app listed with same name as your Instant Game like I described previously?

• Cool

As for the adverts loading, I've test again, and yes, it's definitely showing the last fully loaded advert:

> Load Interstitial Ad Event

> Load Reward Video Ad Event

(Interstitial Ad Loading complete)

> Show Ad [this shows the Interstitial Ad, as the Reward Video Ad is not fully loaded]

(Reward Video Ad Loading complete)

> Load Interstitial Ad Event

> Show Ad [this shows the Reward Video Ad, as the second Interstitial Ad is not fully loaded]

(Interstitial Ad Loading complete)

SOLUTION: We need 2 types of "Show Ad" events. One for Interstitial, one for Reward Video Ad.

Hey Ashley, any thoughs on it?

• >

> > Facebook created an Audience Network for my game. Same name of game with "- Audience Network" appended to it.

> >

> > Is this necessary to show ads?

> >

> > If so, does this need to have Instant Games enabled?

> > Or do you just leave it alone?

> >

>

> in FB business manager you need to have your app registered as a deta source. Data Sources -> Apps

> In the Properties you need to have a property registered, where your app is an asigned asset. Data sources->Properties

>

> Then in monetization manager you set up your property with Instant ads, and the ID you get there is the one you fill in into Construct events.

>

> you can look into your app, under ADvanced and verify thet the business manager is linked there as well.

>

> (this is how I did it, but you can maybe do it in many different ways! I can also say that their layout/setup changes very often, so evrytime you look into this manager the setup is different )

>

Ok, thanks. I'll check that out.

But when you go to your App Dashboard, do you have an Audience Network app listed with same name as your Instant Game like I described previously?

No I do not have any other apps in the App Dashboard than the ones I have created myself.

When/If you have it correctly sey up the Audience Network will have a green light under Products on your App (within App Dashboard)

• "Show ad" only shows the last loaded ad, so there's no point loading two at once.

• "Show ad" only shows the last loaded ad, so there's no point loading two at once.

Understood, but there are instances where we might like to preload both an interstitial ad and reward video ad before we want to show either one, and then based on the actions of the user, show either of them instantly when we need to.

...So, exactly the same as the AdMob Plugin

• > "Show ad" only shows the last loaded ad, so there's no point loading two at once.

>

Understood, but there are instances where we might like to preload both an interstitial ad and reward video ad before we want to show either one, and then based on the actions of the user, show either of them instantly when we need to.

...So, exactly the same as the AdMob Plugin

I covered that in the tutorial i posted, since the plugin only shows the last loaded advert, i built-in a variable Boolean system when a load of advert video failed you would load the interstitial and vice-versa and at the current time there is no way to detect that unless you manually code it inside C3.

However if you want to alternate between video advert or interstitial you can create a simple boolean variable that says something along the lines, when 1 load video advert when 2 load interstitial and trigger that by using a condition of sorts: when player dies > set variable to choose(1,2) then followed by a condition : if variable 1 load video ad .... OR if variable 2 load interstitial .... and then u just show the ad on load successful. however i suggest look into audience network load request time that is recommended what i understood is call them every 30 seconds or more so it has time to respond.

Ashley would there be a tutorials page(i meant on the construct.net domain and not scirra.com tutorials) for C3 community contributions also? at the moment it seems is restricted to scirra team only, would it eventually open to community members as well?

• Why not just decide at the point you load the ad which will be shown?

that is because, facebook has a 30 seconds rule that is recommended i guess.. otherwise audience would block the advert because is called to many times and basically spams the audience network. (i.e flapping bird example if u show and load the advert each time player dies ur advert will be rendered null'd cause will overload the network requests.). Atleast thats what i understood from facebooks audience guidelines.

Because sometime we don't know when the loaded Ad will be shown (dependant on user actions)

Example:

At start of game, load Interstitial Ad

At end of game, show Interstitial Ad (or every nth game)

Play clicks "Watch Reward Ad to Continue", player then waits for XX seconds for video to be downloaded before playing (Video can't be preloaded because the Interstitial Ad was loaded, and there's not enough time to preload it at the end of the game)

I've coded a bit of a workaround, but it's not flawless (similar to the tutorial shared).

• Regarding the rewarded video,(and when is rewarding) i think there are some instantgames expressions missing such as "On rewarded video finished playing" OR "Advert was aborted by user" condition type... that thing would be very helpful, because now the show ad successful triggers if the ad starts showing and basically the reward is credited before the advert is finished which can cause different problems with the rewards (fill rate on video rewards are pretty low around 50% -70%) hopefully there will be some upcoming updates for this... if the instantgames sdk supports it.... :-/

• >

> >

> >

> > in FB business manager you need to have your app registered as a deta source. Data Sources -> Apps

> > In the Properties you need to have a property registered, where your app is an asigned asset. Data sources->Properties

> >

> > Then in monetization manager you set up your property with Instant ads, and the ID you get there is the one you fill in into Construct events.

> >

> > you can look into your app, under ADvanced and verify thet the business manager is linked there as well.

> >

> > (this is how I did it, but you can maybe do it in many different ways! I can also say that their layout/setup changes very often, so evrytime you look into this manager the setup is different )

> >

>

> Ok, thanks. I'll check that out.

>

> But when you go to your App Dashboard, do you have an Audience Network app listed with same name as your Instant Game like I described previously?

>

No I do not have any other apps in the App Dashboard than the ones I have created myself.

When/If you have it correctly sey up the Audience Network will have a green light under Products on your App (within App Dashboard)

Holy cow, I finally got the ads to show. My initial problem was that when I was trying to set up monetization, Facebook created a separate app and added the Audience Network feature to it. I deleted, then reconnected via business manager following your tips, and then it took a few hours to show ads. Thanks!

• Holy cow, I finally got the ads to show. My initial problem was that when I was trying to set up monetization, Facebook created a separate app and added the Audience Network feature to it. I deleted, then reconnected via business manager following your tips, and then it took a few hours to show ads. Thanks!

Glad I could help! Nice that you got it working.

Happy easter everyone! (I guess facebook review will be closed until tuesday now anyway )

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • >

> Holy cow, I finally got the ads to show. My initial problem was that when I was trying to set up monetization, Facebook created a separate app and added the Audience Network feature to it. I deleted, then reconnected via business manager following your tips, and then it took a few hours to show ads. Thanks!

>

Glad I could help! Nice that you got it working.

Happy easter everyone! (I guess facebook review will be closed until tuesday now anyway )

Thanks again and yes sir, Happy Easter.

But looks like Facebook isn't reviewing any apps at the moment. I've seen this message for a few days:

Is everyone else seeing this?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)