Can we trust Scirra?

0 favourites
  • Scirra is very trustworthy and when there are problems, they are making great efforts to solve them.

I am a loyal Scirra customer since 2015 and am very satisfied.

I agree, the title of this thread is offensive. Please change it.

Chris

• Scirra is very trustworthy and when there are problems, they are making great efforts to solve them.

I am a loyal Scirra customer since 2015 and am very satisfied.

I agree, the title of this thread is offensive. Please change it.

Chris

It's not offensive! It's just a reality. The cosntruct tool is great and in my opinion there is no one as simple and functional as it. But when we talk about plugins interacting with other platforms (IAP, GooglePlay, Game Center etc ...), the construct is very weak. This is already a problem we have in C2 and C3 has not evolved into anything. I have a lot of respect for the creators of the construct and also for its employees, I hope they never take my opinions personally. But when I'm struggling and not satisfied with the tool, I'll complain and charge for solutions. It's the right thing to do, because if nobody complains they will not know where their customers are dissatisfied. All this will only make the construct evolve more and more.

• It's not a question of trust, it's matter of time.

Depending on third parties to fill the needs of mobile export had less than obvious flaws.

People don't want to pay for plugs to enable full support, and third parties don't want to create/ update plugs for free.

As stated they are working on solutions.

The existing mobile exporter for C3 should prove that.

• It's not a question of trust, it's matter of time.

Depending on third parties to fill the needs of mobile export had less than obvious flaws.

People don't want to pay for plugs to enable full support, and third parties don't want to create/ update plugs for free.

As stated they are working on solutions.

The existing mobile exporter for C3 should prove that.

True. Every single engine, even software for that matter has tonnes of bugs when it is just released. Sure others fix it faster than Scirra, but that's because they have a large workforce. And that's why they charge a premium for their products, while Scirra's is still very much affordable. There are compromises in every scenario. We just need to find the one that fits our need the best.

• As some honest feedback..

I bought Construct 2 because it said I could create apps and monetize them on IOS, Android and Windows Universal apps.

I have been able to create a great game using Construct 2, as promised, but only a few feet from the finish line, very basic IAP doesn't work. Hundreds of hours of learning and development, with a significantly frustrating ending.

It does not matter to me whose problem it is. I bought Construct 2 to get to a promised end result that was promised by Scirra. I have no inclination to go to an annual Construct 3 subscription based on my experience with Construct 2.

If there are 3rd party issues, then create detailed troubleshooting guides to help us get across the finish line. I will keep trying to get my current version running. However, for the next version, I have already downloaded Unity and will invest the time in learning it. Yes, it will be a longer learning curve, but I can be assured I will reach the goal there that I couldn't here.

This could have been a great experience, but 99% of the way isn't good enough since it still equals a 0% result.

• I dislike the way Scirra presents the features of its software.

When I started using C2 a few years ago, Scirra stated that one could export to Android and iOS with it. That is simply untrue as one needs to make use of external compilers such as Intel XDK and Cocoon.

Now the same thing happens to C3. Big website, statements like: 'You can export to all these platforms: Steam etc.' and then there's no documentation about how to actually do it whatsoever. If you look at the iOS documentation, it says somewhere that you still need external software to develop for iOS, so the initial C3 website is clearly misleading.

Then there's the fact that they publish C3, which is just C2 with minor improvements if you look from the perspective of a mobile app developer, and making it a subscription model.

Honestly speaking, I love C2, but I hate the way things are evolving. I actually doubt that one can trust Scirra 100%. No offense here, just my honest opinion.

Curler Just read your post, I completely agree with you. My next project will be done with Unity.

• C2 and 3 are excellent products for sure and I think C2 is well worth what I paid for it despite the all the exportation, monetization BS that we have to learn and relearn every time since it delivers in spades what it promises to do.

I've gone through the 5 stages of grief and have long accepted that a half decent APK/Ipa building process would just be icing on the cake.

But that's coming from a C2 user.

I can't speak for C3 users who paid full price. I might get a chance at using C3 if I do well in these jams so my opinion may just change.

• Companies like Apple force the use of their tools for publishing. For example you must use Xcode to publish to the iOS app store. I'm not aware of any way round this. This is the main reason you have to use other tools to publish apps: that's what they want you to use.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think it is just fine that we publish stuff using the different stores whatever.

But I can agree that the plugins/support for interface promising a lot but doesn´t really meet what you expect.

Yes you can export your work for later publish for mobile use. And yes it exists a facebook plugin and googleplay plugin. But no these plugins do not work for mobile use, they are only developed for web publish, they do not work for native android. And also no, they cannot be used for more functionality other than log in/log out. since they pretty much lack all other functionalities.

Both FB and googleplay has well docuemntet api docs, and I for myself has modified your FB plugin to be able to post achievements. But it is quite sad that I had to do that imo

just my five cents..

• [quote:w963mido]I WANT TO BELIEVE

• If one is forced to use Xcode to publish to iOS (no matter if it is Apple who forces one), that should directly and clearly be stated on the C3 website.

Instead it says: 'You can publish to all these platforms: iOS etc. ...', not mentioning all the hurdles along the way.

That way, many people will buy C3 enthusiasticly and the moment it comes to publishing, they will get frustrated and stop using the oftware, as it is happening to a lot of C2 users right now.

• When I was a kid I remember people saying you can be an astronaut, you can even be president.

I want my money back....

• Well none of the current engines do that out of the box...

And to monetize is better to think computer and consoles then mobile.

That is the main reason that im focusing on other devices and not mobile.

I have published 4 games in mobile and the profit was very low.

• Now the same thing happens to C3. Big website, statements like: 'You can export to all these platforms: Steam etc.' and then there's no documentation about how to actually do it whatsoever.

This has been one of the biggest issues for me. That page convinced me to buy it. I assumed that it'd actually integrate with Steam somehow. Nope. Even if you click 'more about Steam', there's actually nothing more about Steam.

• If one is forced to use Xcode to publish to iOS (no matter if it is Apple who forces one), that should directly and clearly be stated on the C3 website.

Instead it says: 'You can publish to all these platforms: iOS etc. ...', not mentioning all the hurdles along the way.

That way, many people will buy C3 enthusiasticly and the moment it comes to publishing, they will get frustrated and stop using the oftware, as it is happening to a lot of C2 users right now.

Wait until you jump through all the hoops, somehow get 10 apps to Google Play, and then all your apps are flagged by GP for using an unsecure Cordova plugin. Imagine the fun of attempting to update 10 apps (or lose your GP account for the violations) but the tools you created the apps with XDK etc are no longer. I had to delete all my work from GP.

Scirra won't get another dime from me. I was led to believe C2 was a "lifetime" tool to monetize apps. It was not - whats the point of lifetime updates if the C2 monetize environment no longer works?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)