C3 vlog?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • C'mon Ash and Tom, put yer makeup on and make us some vids! Seriously, dev vlogs could be a good marketing strategy (not that I'd go for subscription myself, but for others...)

• A good idea

• We want to do more videos going forwards as part of marketing strategy, but right now not geared up for it and we're way too busy!

• C'mon Ash and Tom, put yer makeup on and make us some vids! Seriously, dev vlogs could be a good marketing strategy (not that I'd go for subscription myself, but for others...)

If you're not going for a C3 sub, like you've said countless times already, why even start a thread again? For the benefit of others? Give me a break.

• > C'mon Ash and Tom, put yer makeup on and make us some vids! Seriously, dev vlogs could be a good marketing strategy (not that I'd go for subscription myself, but for others...)

>

If you're not going for a C3 sub, like you've said countless times already, why even start a thread again? For the benefit of others? Give me a break.

Well then, what am I doing it for? You tell me.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • >

> > C'mon Ash and Tom, put yer makeup on and make us some vids! Seriously, dev vlogs could be a good marketing strategy (not that I'd go for subscription myself, but for others...)

> >

>

> If you're not going for a C3 sub, like you've said countless times already, why even start a thread again? For the benefit of others? Give me a break.

>

Well then, what am I doing it for? You tell me.

I won't even pretend to know you or your intentions. You said "show us" some vids, which means you really want to see more, even though you clearly state you're not into the sub, and have said everything from Scirra being cynical to lambasting the blogs by throwing up "meh" images, to referring people to competitors, to even more stuff that I don't care to go back and quote you on. Sure, the sub isn't for me either, and Unity is a great option for those who have more experience, but dang give it a rest already. Everyone on this forum knows your discontent with C3. How many more times must your repeat yourself in every thread?

Now you go and make a thread asking to see vids, not for yourself you see, but "for others..." So what do I think you're doing it for? Ammunition to use for more criticism. Maybe I'm wrong. Sure looks like it.

• I won't even pretend to know you or your intentions. You said "show us" some vids, which means you really want to see more, even though you clearly state you're not into the sub, and have said everything from Scirra being cynical to lambasting the blogs by throwing up "meh" images, to referring people to competitors, to even more stuff that I don't care to go back and quote you on. Sure, the sub isn't for me either, and Unity is a great option for those who have more experience, but dang give it a rest already. Everyone on this forum knows your discontent with C3. How many more times must your repeat yourself in every thread?

Now you go and make a thread asking to see vids, not for yourself you see, but "for others..." So what do I think you're doing it for? Ammunition to use for more criticism. Maybe I'm wrong. Sure looks like it.

Nope, just a thought. I haven't actually knocked them for good ideas, and I've frequently been optimistic the web-browser tech will be stable and reliable when others have doubted it (even though I would never need or use it). I'm just looking for a good feature or marketing tactic, and I've yet to see one I've been satisfied with, and I mean to voice my discontent as a ways to (hopefully) add to the dissonance that might eventually lead to some idea of reform on their strategies.

I'm also keen to suggest ideas that might improve their marketing and/or the product.

• >

>

> I won't even pretend to know you or your intentions. You said "show us" some vids, which means you really want to see more, even though you clearly state you're not into the sub, and have said everything from Scirra being cynical to lambasting the blogs by throwing up "meh" images, to referring people to competitors, to even more stuff that I don't care to go back and quote you on. Sure, the sub isn't for me either, and Unity is a great option for those who have more experience, but dang give it a rest already. Everyone on this forum knows your discontent with C3. How many more times must your repeat yourself in every thread?

>

> Now you go and make a thread asking to see vids, not for yourself you see, but "for others..." So what do I think you're doing it for? Ammunition to use for more criticism. Maybe I'm wrong. Sure looks like it.

>

Nope, just a thought. I haven't actually knocked them for good ideas, and I've frequently been optimistic the web-browser tech will be stable and reliable when others have doubted it (even though I would never need or use it). I'm just looking for a good feature or marketing tactic, and I've yet to see one I've been satisfied with, and I mean to voice my discontent as a ways to (hopefully) add to the dissonance that might eventually lead to some idea of reform on their strategies.

I'm also keen to suggest ideas that might improve their marketing and/or the product.

Well that's all fine and good. I'm not here to attack you. I'm only saying what I see. I'm with you about certain things though. I'd really like to see more performance-based blogs and more in-depth stuff about exporting and the overall optimizations that have been made to make it run well in the browser. Creating a prototype on my mobile when I'm chilling at the park or something sounds fun to me. Not practical mind you, but the idea of making a game on the go rather than playing a game on the go seems more productive. I want to know more stuff about that, how the performance will be overall, how smoothly the apk generation will be, yada yada.

• >

> >

> >

> > I won't even pretend to know you or your intentions. You said "show us" some vids, which means you really want to see more, even though you clearly state you're not into the sub, and have said everything from Scirra being cynical to lambasting the blogs by throwing up "meh" images, to referring people to competitors, to even more stuff that I don't care to go back and quote you on. Sure, the sub isn't for me either, and Unity is a great option for those who have more experience, but dang give it a rest already. Everyone on this forum knows your discontent with C3. How many more times must your repeat yourself in every thread?

> >

> > Now you go and make a thread asking to see vids, not for yourself you see, but "for others..." So what do I think you're doing it for? Ammunition to use for more criticism. Maybe I'm wrong. Sure looks like it.

> >

> Nope, just a thought. I haven't actually knocked them for good ideas, and I've frequently been optimistic the web-browser tech will be stable and reliable when others have doubted it (even though I would never need or use it). I'm just looking for a good feature or marketing tactic, and I've yet to see one I've been satisfied with, and I mean to voice my discontent as a ways to (hopefully) add to the dissonance that might eventually lead to some idea of reform on their strategies.

>

> I'm also keen to suggest ideas that might improve their marketing and/or the product.

>

Well that's all fine and good. I'm not here to attack you. I'm only saying what I see. I'm with you about certain things though. I'd really like to see more performance-based blogs and more in-depth stuff about exporting and the overall optimizations that have been made to make it run well in the browser. Creating a prototype on my mobile when I'm chilling at the park or something sounds fun to me. Not practical mind you, but the idea of making a game on the go rather than playing a game on the go seems more productive. I want to know more stuff about that, how the performance will be overall, how smoothly the apk generation will be, yada yada.

Actually, while I did post the "meh" meme, I think probably my favorite feature I've seen so far (and most certainly worthy of opening the blog post) was the rounded corners.

I often felt like I was going to catch something on the sharp point of those hard edges.

• I rarely comment or respond to things, but that was hilarious.

Vlogs would help but I think theyre doing just fine with blogs atm. Like others have said, I'm just waiting for the features that'll make it really feel different than c2.

I am def a supporter of Scirra and can't wait to dive into c3. Though I am a lone developer, because i have an LLC, i would have to pay $149 a yr and I'd love to test out the beta to see if it's worth the asking price. But only time will tell.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)