C3 - Universal Ads, IAP, Leaderboard & Social Media Plugin?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
7 chill, light, and fun music suitable for most cute social simulation games!
  • Hi Ashley and Tom,

Sorry if this has been addressed already (as I couldnt find)

Been using C2 for almost 3 years, I only have praises for you guys at Scirra. However, my experience with your Plugins have been the worst! I am spending more time, creating and maintaining separate versions for each platform to support a certain feature thats not available due to limitation of certain plugins (eg:IAP's consumable option).

This forces many of us to look for third party Plugins(eg: Cranberrygame)

I am mainly concerned about your Ads, IAP & Achievements (game center & Google play) plugins.

Will C3 have single universal Ad plugin that will support, Google, iOS and Windows Ads ?

Will there be a single plugin that again support's IAP for all above platforms? Or do I need to again maintain versions for every platform?

Will we have a plugin that has both Game center & Google play features wrapped in a single Plugin (like Cranberrygame's Game plugin)?

How about Social Media plugins? Will C3 have single plugins for popular Social media sharing features like FB, Twitter & Google+?

Same goes for Game Analytics.

I really hope you are considering the above features to make Developer's time and efforts to be more productive!

Just to give you a glimpse of how messed up our project can become due to these plugins:

I am fed up of having 1000s of IF condition to use a particular feature.  
    Now I am forced to maintain different versions for:
    iOS (Game Center plugin & Admob, Cranberry IAP), 
    Android(Google Play & Admob,  Cranberry IAP) and finally 
    Windows (Pubcenter, Offical IAP and no leaderboard!)[/code:1loycl13]

(Pssst: This is a major factor for me to upgrade to C3  )
  • We have a set of new plugins in development for IAP & ads. It can be incredibly difficult to make fully cross-platform versions though - for example many ad networks only support 2 or 3 platforms, whereas Construct typically supports far more. This is compounded by regular changes to every platform as they change and update their SDKs. It's tough but we are working on new plugins which should be more reliable.

• We have a set of new plugins in development for IAP & ads. It can be incredibly difficult to make fully cross-platform versions though - for example many ad networks only support 2 or 3 platforms, whereas Construct typically supports far more. This is compounded by regular changes to every platform as they change and update their SDKs. It's tough but we are working on new plugins which should be more reliable.

Thanks for responding Ashley! I understand its difficult to make fully cross platform. However, would be great if we can have common Plugins for existing major platforms on C2 (Android, iOS, Windows).

The underlying code will be independent (say pubCenter, Admob), but there can be a Parent plugin will that based on the current platform pick the right plugin and execute the feature. That way, we as developer do not have to worry to had separate versions for each platform or have a projects with 100s of IF conditions to check if I should run PLUGIN 1 or 2 or 3.

Basically suggestions was to have these broad Plugins:

1. Ads - Admob, Windows Ad SDK (and may be Adcolony, Appodeal)

2. IAP - iOS, Android, Windows (with Consumables)

3. Leaderboard - iOS, Android, Windows (may be Xbox)

4. Social Media - Facebook, Twitter and Google+

I hate to compare, but Cranberrygame has managed to combine multi platform features into single Plugins. I hope its something your team can look into

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

It's very comforting to know that they're being worked on

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)