C3 pop-ups no longer visible after updating Chrome [Mac]

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
75 power-up sound effects; bonus and notification sounds, fanfares, harp glissandi, stabs, clock ticks, etc.
  • C3 has become unusable after updating Chrome to the newest version on my Mac (Version 65.0.3325.146).

Whenever a pop-up should be showing up (New, Open from X, adding an Object and nearly everything that you do while working in C3) no window appears but a small glitchy line. The File pop-up is the only one that works (understandably I guess since it's a system one).

Has anybody experienced this and is there something on my end I can do about it? I wanna make sure I'm not being stupid here before I report this as a bug.

Bonus question while I'm at it:

The Image Editor is mind numbingly slow in Chrome on my Mac. E.g. the brush tool lags behind half a second or so, it feels awful to use. Is there something I have to activate under chrome://flaggs to make this smoother or what's going on? Ironically I updated Chrome to find out if this fixes the slowness of the image editor. Unfortunately it didn't help while making C3 as a whole unusable.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi!

I don't have this issue but i noticed some slowdown in Construct in general on my Macbook, when i have the dark theme activated. Maybe switch to the default one (none) and try again if it's still as slow. This sped it up for me immensely. On my iMac at work i don't have the problem...

• Hi!

I don't have this issue but i noticed some slowdown in Construct in general on my Macbook, when i have the dark theme activated. Maybe switch to the default one (none) and try again if it's still as slow. This sped it up for me immensely. On my iMac at work i don't have the problem...

That's strange. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll give it a try when C3 is working again.

• Sorry it is not mac but I think interesting as possibly same issue.

There was definitely this issue when using Canary on windows (which I was using because of a memory issue in the last version of chrome)

but the pop up issue hasn't transferred into the latest Chrome update on windows. (which has solved the memory issue)

The issue was that any pop up or dialog windows were sized very strangely, (high up, narrow and very wide) and sort of frozen and were unable to be used.

To solve the issue, which had to be solved every time, I had to resize the main editor window, then the popup/dialog windows went to normal.

Super annoying.

• Everything looks fine in Chrome 65 on the Macbook in our office.

• Ashley

Well, that's interesting. I'm on El Capitan 10.11.6 and Chrome is free of any extensions/addons.

Edit: I've found the culprit. The dark theme always results in this. After clearing my browser data to reset the editor to the light theme pop-ups show up correctly. Setting the theme to dark returns the broken ones.

• I tested the dark theme too. It still looked fine on the Macbook.

• Maybe to specify: i'm using a 2016 Macbook 13" with 16GB of Ram but the onboard Intel Graphics Chip. When i switch to the dark theme there's a considerable lag on this machine. When i go back to the default one, everything works fine.

Maybe it has something to do with the Macbook being underpowered although i think it should be good enough to show an Editor with a dark theme without lagging

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)