C3 Jam - [Concluded]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Match the rows with tofus to clear the rows before you pass the cook.
  • I hope this human mistake gets corrected ! In international game jam it would be really important to keep the time that is announced, because true spirit of game jam is to work on last hours! People from my team came from different countries, so we had different times to begin with.

It was our first try on Construct3 and we hope we can get the game out and participate to the jam contest, because the game came out really neat and only problem we have with the finished game is that we cannot now get it out, although there should be still time for that according to the jam/jam license rules.

We were really happy with Construct3 so I hope it will turn out as happy ending for our first Construct3 game / game jam and we can get it out as soon as this problem with jam license expiring too early is noticed!

• my game is pretty much done, but I was kinda counting on those last few hours to tie up the loose ends and export.

any chance you could extend the jam till tomorrow evening?

ps: thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting into this.

Update: Thanks!

• A game jam has rules and time to finish. There are many games that show that they lack things because of lack of time.

It would not be nice if people who did not finish in time had an extra time for the contest.

If there are 2 weeks to make a game, it does not have to make a game of 3 weeks, many have created the game with time in mind, removing things to arrive on time, it would be unfair that now some were given more time than others They have not had.

I do not think that leaving everything for the last hour is the best idea, you can upload a version, and if it gives you time to update before it ends, but at least you already have a version to participate.

Please do not be angry with me, it is my opinion, it seems to me unfair that some have more time than others for the same contest, the rules are to fulfill them.

• Hi MATAGUIRIS - not angry at all, merely dare to disagree a little

it would be unfair that now some were given more time than others They have not had.

it seems to me unfair that some have more time than others for the same contest, the rules are to fulfill them.

1) It would be enough for Scirra to re-open the Jam licensing for just one hour, to allow exports & uploads - note that without the Jam license, nobody who exceeds the "free" limits cannot spend any time improving their game.

2) I agree, rules should be to fulfill them. The rule clearly says "Deadline again is May 28th, 11:59 PM EST."

• I feel that my biggest problem with the licence expiring too early is that I cannot export the game - which we have worked really hard on. That means no sharing with the world & our friends.

None of us have been able to work on the games anymore than others, because of the too early return to free version.

I think the licence should be opened for people at least to get the games out (just like someone else wrote - even 1 hour would be enough to get it done, although the licence time expired 4 hours too early).

I want to see all the games out and play them.

This was the first international game jam I participated and I feel it should be the same way than in normal game jam: you get to work till the last hours and polish up. Now I felt that because of technical timeline difficulties and timeline set up accidentally wrong the jam suddenly changed rules without informing the jammers that they have 4 hours less time to work on the games.

I would be happy to see our game out and in the companion of all the games, very polished or not so polished! It is jam spirit that you admire games done well and learn of them by seeing them and give good cheer to the ones who have had problems! Technical problem or other, people should pull together and want to see all the games out there - the ones done many hours before deadline and the ones done in time that were shut down from the jam too early.

For me it doesn't matter how many hours people get to export the game or add the sounds that was not possible earlier. Our game is already done and was done in good time - 4 hours before the deadline.

I could give other gamemakers any hours to work on the game - as it is the most important thing just to get to see all the games get out and create happy jam experience for everyone with Construct3!

When the licence is opened for the missing hours, it surely means anyone who made their game early can still polish it up more!

Cool games by fellow gamemakers shouldn't be a threat to anyone, they are cool games made by fellow humans who like game making, and it is wonderful when you get to enjoy & appreciate all the games made by all the makers in a jam!

I would really appreciate:

Possibility to export the games and share them with our friends & world !

And as a solution to the hours problem there could be even set up separate "tiny technical problems jam" game jam category for the games that suffered from the technical problem of time expiring too early if our games cannot anymore fit to the original jam?

• Hi all,

Sorry for this. As an apology we've extended the full version free trial until Saturday. However, get your submissions in to Newgrounds ASAP. There will a small grace period.

• It seems to me a lack of respect for all the people who have presented their game on time.

The good thing about Jams is to learn and see the works of others, always with the same rules for all, if now Tom extends the term, I understand, the more games the better, but it is not fair for people who have fulfilled, Who have created their game in consequence over time, perhaps some games that I have seen would have corrected many things to know that they had more time than allowed.

I am glad for those who can come to the end, but it does not seem fair to me.

And nobody prevents anyone from buying the license and teaching their game to the world, but this is a contest, it has nothing to do.

• It seems to me a lack of respect for all the people who have presented their game on time.

The good thing about Jams is to learn and see the works of others, always with the same rules for all, if now Tom extends the term, I understand, the more games the better, but it is not fair for people who have fulfilled, Who have created their game in consequence over time, perhaps some games that I have seen would have corrected many things to know that they had more time than allowed.

I am glad for those who can come to the end, but it does not seem fair to me.

And nobody prevents anyone from buying the license and teaching their game to the world, but this is a contest, it has nothing to do.

People didn't ask for an extension. We just wanted the time we were told we would have. The contest was set to end at 11:59pm EST and Construct 3 License ended hours before that.

Also, we are prevented from buying the license right now...

• The extension to the license is an apology - it is not the end date of the game jam. Tom Fulp will let me know when the new end date for submissions is, but I expect it to be today or tomorrow at latest.

• New end date for submissions is confirmed as 12pm noon tomorrow London time (23:30 hours from time of this post).

• Wow thank you guys so much for making this right! I know a lot of us were bummed we would miss out altogether.

(I also updated the op to reflect the new info)

• I've already submitted my entry, but would like to make use of this extension to add a few tweaks; will I be able to resubmit without any hitches?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you, Tom !

And good luck to all Jam submitters!

• Don't know how NG is exactly handling the games, but if it lets you upload an update to your game by the new end date that will be fine.

• Don't know how NG is exactly handling the games, but if it lets you upload an update to your game by the new end date that will be fine.

Tom thanks for clarifying

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)