C3 Jam - [Concluded]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Match the rows with tofus to clear the rows before you pass the cook.
  • Due to the mishap last night with license timing,

there's now a grace period to get your stuff done and uploaded! Uploads are due at noon London time on May 30, so that's 7am for East coast America, 3am for West coast. Get finished here: Construct 3.

As a bonus, the full version of C3 is unlocked for the rest of the week! Big thanks to the Construct team for making this right! I'm sure they awoke a little unpleasantly this morning.

There's a new blog post with some more basics:

https://www.scirra.com/blog/206/its-time-to-jam

Hopefully you read about it in the blog, right? As was previously announced, Scirra/Construct Team are co-hosting a game jam with Newgrounds using Construct 3. So far, and correct me if I'm wrong, we know the theme and some of the prize pool (free C3 licenses for a year the top three games).

The theme:

Good Things Come in Threes

It starts Monday, May 15th and will run for two weeks. Submissions are due May 28th!

What are you guys and gals' thoughts? Like the theme? Any neat ideas for it (you don't have to share them!)? Are you planning on participating? Solo or team effort? Are you looking for a team?

I'm pretty sure I'm doing the jam this time around... I've actually never done a Construct jam before. I've been trying to brainstorm some ideas for the theme--it's a tough one for me. I do plan on making sound and music important elements to the experience since this longer timeline really facilitates that. I haven't decided on my overall idea or even gameplay type, so hopefully something really good comes to mind by Monday. I'm also excited to have the limitations lifted in C3!

• I will try to participate, and hopefully the time limit is long enough for me to make the deadline. As I know myself being too picky and quite lazy sometimes, I really have to push myself in order to make an entry.. lol.

Anyway, looking forward to see what cool stuff people will create.

• Im totally excited about this jam, Might be jamming out something this weekend to prepare, would be cool to do a little unofficial warm up jam for 48 hours, letting the restrictions of 50 events be our inspiration.

• Does anyone know if there's some kind of requirement for entry or do we just need to make a newgrounds account and submit?

• Does anyone know if there's some kind of requirement for entry or do we just need to make a newgrounds account and submit?

I imagine we'll get more details at the start of the jam, but presumably that's it.

• Hi everybody!

What will happen after the beta end and this Game Jam?

I wonder if we'll keep control over our projects or not.

• End of the game jam is meant to be the release of C3, so free users I think (don't quote me here), will have control within bounds of the free version which is probably the 2 layers, 50 events and limited exports, and subs should open at same time for the larger project users who want to sub to get full access

• End of the game jam is meant to be the release of C3, so free users I think (don't quote me here), will have control within bounds of the free version which is probably the 2 layers, 50 events and limited exports, and subs should open at same time for the larger project users who want to sub to get full access

I hope this can be clarified by Tom or Ashley . After the gamejam can we still access our game? or after the game jam we need to avail the subscription, will the beta period end after the gamejam?

• Ok and thanks "don't quote" AuShadow !

Well, if that's the case it's good news for those who try this adventure and ready to shell out.

For my part, I have bugs and slowness, C2 remains much faster, I see it only by logging loops.

And with cloud saving, delays are tiring (CTRL+S addict), can't wait for a real native version!

Despite small embarrassments, it remains a superb framework with a true effort of modernity.

• It's alive! It looks like full access to Construct 3 has been granted. I fired it up on my Chromebook and have a "Gamejam license."

And with cloud saving, delays are tiring (CTRL+S addict),

I use the option "save to local browser" and saves are very fast. I'll eventually save to a local drive and save to Google drive for good measure.

• Thanks for the tip bigcatrik, I will test after a little rest.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Did the NW.JS work for anyone? I just imported one of my C2 projects into C3 and while it runs, when exporting to nw.js just gets a blank window.

• Is the new "remote preview" feature missing for anyone else too? In the blog post its supposed to show up next to the regular preview menu.

• In case you missed it, new blog post!

https://www.scirra.com/blog/206/its-time-to-jam

• I like this idea of a C3/Newgrounds jam.

The idea of the theme feels so forced. Dislike...

But I like that the jam is longer than 48 hours. ^_^

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)