C3 + Instant Games SDK = Much Profit

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • >

> > Today SDK v6.2 got released. Only one new thing, but really neat! Friend leaderboards!

> >

>

> I tried this morning, and it's awesome!

> You can see your friends scores directly within Messenger:

>

Thats looks like the Share Leaderboard Update function, for your context?

Yes, it is the result of the Share Leaderboard Update function inside the THREAD context.

But before the new SDK version, you could only see your score update. Now you may also view closest scores from your friends via a slideshow.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes, it is the result of the Share Leaderboard Update function inside the THREAD context.

But before the new SDK version, you could only see your score update. Now you may also view closest scores from your friends via a slideshow.

That is a really nice feature indeed, but it is actually not related to the new SDK. It has worked like that for a year, and there was no update of the updateAsync within the new release. (I know they have had some bugs with the leaderboards, so maybe something got corrected at the same time though so it now works like that for you... )

The new friend leaderboard function is not related to contexts (like threads etc)

• >

> Yes, it is the result of the Share Leaderboard Update function inside the THREAD context.

> But before the new SDK version, you could only see your score update. Now you may also view closest scores from your friends via a slideshow.

>

That is a really nice feature indeed, but it is actually not related to the new SDK. It has worked like that for a year, and there was no update of the updateAsync within the new release. (I know they have had some bugs with the leaderboards, so maybe something got corrected at the same time though so it now works like that for you... )

The new friend leaderboard function is not related to contexts (like threads etc)

Uh... I feel a bit dumb now ?? Thanks for explanation

Btw if you plan to add your previous request as a suggestion idea, make sure to post its link here so that we can vote for it too.

• Ashley I guess you link/include the whole SDK into the game when using Instant Games plugin? Is it possible to use the other functions in the SDK via the Browser plugin, as javascript calls if it is functions that is not built in into the plugin?

I am thinking of chooseAsync which is not part of your plugin but is vital for invites, for instance when you want to start playing the game within an existing context, like you family chat, or collegue group. (not the same as shareAsync, which just is a share post).

• Thanks for the really quick SDK6.2 Friend leaderboard update!

Now I am only waiting for context function ChooseAsync , then the plugin is perfect for all my needs.

With this function you choose a context and if success it just gives new a new context ID to the game.

• Even though Facebook are slow to review games, I see they are allowing IAP also.

Is there any plan to update the MobileIAP plugin to work with Instant Games?

• fredriksthlm

Hi Guys, you`s seem to have had more success with the instant games plugin than most, and Fred really seems to know what he is talking about. Would it be possible for either of you to post a screen-shot of the events you use to show the " Friends " leaderboard scores like the Bikosaur screenshot and events to show Share/Invite working? - I just cant seem to get these to work at all.

Fred, do you know if the "Challenge" option in "share" works within this plugin? I would love to make use of that.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

• fredriksthlm

Hi Guys, you`s seem to have had more success with the instant games plugin than most, and Fred really seems to know what he is talking about. Would it be possible for either of you to post a screen-shot of the events you use to show the " Friends " leaderboard scores like the Bikosaur screenshot and events to show Share/Invite working? - I just cant seem to get these to work at all.

Fred, do you know if the "Challenge" option in "share" works within this plugin? I would love to make use of that.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Hi, the printscreen bikosaur showed is not a friend leaderboard, it is an update event of a contextual leaderboard. Just use Share LEaderboard update. (this can be done once every session)

For the share functionality it is mainly a wall post, or messenger thread post, depending on which device you are using. Share/Challenge/Invite has no functionality in the api yet for the Share function, so it makes no difference which you use.

To challange players or start games in different contexts it is the chooseAsync function that should be used, but that function is not implemented into the Construct plugin (yet) unfortunately.

• How can I make the invite to play share to messenger and NOT as a wall post?

Like this?

https://ibb.co/e30xVd

No matter what Share type I choose the result is still a share post. Do you guys have the same problem?

• How can I make the invite to play share to messenger and NOT as a wall post?

Like this?

https://ibb.co/e30xVd

No matter what Share type I choose the result is still a share post. Do you guys have the same problem?

that printscreen is chooseAsync, it is not part of the construct plugin.

it is only the share function that is built in, which is wall post. (the different types of share has no effect in the fb sdk)

• I've manage to do it via browser execute javascript :

"FBInstant.context
      .chooseAsync()
      .then(function() {
        console.log(FBInstant.context.getID());
        // 1234567890
      });"[/code:2zzssno5]
  • What I don't understand is why this function is called context choose Async? When the purpose is to share game via facebook messenger? Also here I can't post data to the link I shared so that the next user will get via: FBInstant.getEntryPointData()

What I want is this:

"shareAsync( )

This invokes a dialog to let the user share specified content, either as a message in Messenger or as a post on the user's timeline. A blob of data can be attached to the share which every game session launched from the share will be able to access from FBInstant.getEntryPointData(). This data must be less than or equal to 1000 characters when stringified. The user may choose to cancel the share action and close the dialog, and the returned promise will resolve when the dialog is closed regardless if the user actually shared the content or not."

But not as a post as a message in Messenger.

I think the function I need to use is ShareAsync. But how can I force the message to be inside a messager?

• Ok, you have to specify exactly what you want to achieve.

ShareAsync is a post where the receivers get a picture and some text and a link, which they can click to get into your game. the session will be started within a context. But shareAsync is often a wall post, you cannot decide how it will be posted. sometimes it goes as a messenger post (for me on android), but sometimes it goes as a wall post in facebook, for me in ios and web). you cannot force this. (I have discussed it with facebook developers.)

if you set it to challange/share/invite does not have any impact either, yet. I guess they plan to add functionality in later sdks

if you want a button to chose a group/context to play in/against you should use chooseAsync, then you start playing in that context and can post updates to that particular context. so you directly start challange your group

• has anyone had a game approved yet ?? im still thinking this had percentage thing will stop them being approved from construct

• What I try to achieve is something like this:

• User 1 can share the game via messenger. User 1 shares the game to user2.
    • User 2 clicks on the messenger link and enters the game.
    • user 2 needs to send a link to user 1 .

-user 1 clicks the link and when it clicks the link the score of user 1 is increased by 1.

I know is possible since this game handles it ok.

I don't know if I need a backend for this.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)