Building larger project in C3 - Folder Structure

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Isometric Stategy Roleplay Game Building and Streets Pack.
  • Hi there!

I've switched to C3 pretty early in Beta and am really loving it! Since i was just prototyping stuff for my bigger project, it wasn't much of a concern for me to work with a Beta Software. I actually quite like the Cloud Workflow and store all my Game Assets on Google Drive as well as the C3 Project File.

Now the time has come however, to start my game for real and i'm not sure how to go about it. I really liked the folder structure you got in C2 for bigger project (instead of saving all the assets etc. into one huge .capx) and am wondering if this will be available to C3 too? Since it's probably going to take a while to implement i'm wondering, if i can switch the project to a folder based saving structure down the line and start with the single .c3p workflow now or if i should still wait? It would be quite fancy to be able to do that on Google Drive or something similiar as well, instead of just Desktop and i think supporting Google Drive Folders in the Save Menu should be really top of the priority list since it would make for a very smooth experience.

Thanks for your suggestions!

• From what i understand, that should probably be possible when they release a standalone version. I don't know how far off that is in the pipeline, but they said it's coming. I'm also not a fan of working in the browser always, mostly because the file handling is clunky. So let's hope the standalone version comes soon

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We'll be providing desktop downloads that can use local folder-based projects in the same way you can with C2.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)