Another wasted weekend...Scirra, that's two out of three.

From the Asset Store
A slots game template designed to be skin-able for mobile

JLH1964

I think you have a good point ,

with C3 Scirra selling game development as a sub service now, including the build service,

and considering many here (myself included) will be weekend only developers.

I dont think it is unreasonable to expect some sort of weekend monitoring and emergency cover / support for the tool, especially the build server. (assuming not in place presently)

I think there is a misunderstanding here.

No misunderstanding. I have C2 and ONLY paid for C3 for the build services. I can do everything I need to with C2 EXCEPT build seamlessly - hence my subscription. I have no option to "visit another bar", it's the only bar in town - unless I grow my own hops, ferment the beer, and then serve myself (build offline).

I'm paying for time-saving functionality, and I'm not getting it.

JLH1964

I think you have a good point ,

with C3 Scirra selling game development as a sub service now, including the build service,

and considering many here (myself included) will be weekend only developers.

I dont think it is unreasonable to expect some sort of weekend monitoring and emergency cover / support for the tool, especially the build server. (assuming not in place presently)

Thank you! I'm really not trying to be awkward here. I'm merely asking for what I'm paying for.

Thing is, its still early days with this whole web tool / service thing and Scirra arent a massive company with unlimited resources. They probably have some sort of road map which will include business development as well as tool development and stuff like this will be included. But as early adopters, which we really are, we are sort of along for the ride which includes the bumpy bits at the start. I have a relaxed attitude to it all as I am just a hobbyist with no rush to complete or release anything. If I were semi-pro /pro though I may feel differently I dont know. I do know however from reading Tom's / Ashley's and other Scirra members posts, the huge number of regular updates and my overall experience with C2 and now C3 that they strive for quality and will deliver it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Scirra is irresponsible to its paying users. The 'golden era' never comes, they've been using this "early adoption/the best is yet to come" line for many years, guess what, the best never comes. It stays like this.

I have issues with JLH1964 tone and attitude but I don't think what he's requesting is unreasonable either.

When a product transitions to a SAAS model, this is one of the responsibilities you would expect them to acquire.

I work for a company that started as a small startup and grown into a widely used service and one of our biggest ordeals during that growth was building processes that would allow us to keep minimum downtime and providing prompt support when that downtime occurred. No matter what time of the week that is.

Now, I have no idea how much money Scirra is making with C3 so there may not be there yet but is definitely something that IMO they would need to start thinking about. I agree that JLH1964 should expect to be able to use the app as expected on 99% of the weekends. Reasoning that Construct "can't adapt to his schedule" is ridiculous.

The build service is part of the product not the product. Things break - but we're always learning and working out why they break then move forwards stronger for it. Locking this thread as it's run its course.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)