Animated tile maps

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
slide the tiles to fill the board.60 awesome levels.
  • One of the features I would love to have is animated tilemaps.

Making a level with a tilemap is really efficient. However, having even the most basic of animations would make any game look awesome. After playing a few games on the NES, I realized that having an animated tilemap would be essential.

How do we implement this idea?

I think the best way to do it would be to select several squares on a tile map and have the game animate those squares. Once the animation is set, there could be a colored box around it. For each animation, there would be a colored box surrounding all tiles in the animation.

Just a thought.

• One of the features I would love to have is animated tilemaps.

Making a level with a tilemap is really efficient. However, having even the most basic of animations would make any game look awesome. After playing a few games on the NES, I realized that having an animated tilemap would be essential.

How do we implement this idea?

I think the best way to do it would be to select several squares on a tile map and have the game animate those squares. Once the animation is set, there could be a colored box around it. For each animation, there would be a colored box surrounding all tiles in the animation.

Just a thought.

This suggestion has already been made here:https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-53

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I remember seeing this feature on early versions of Ultima. The water tiles were animated and this was really cool back in the early 80's, way even before NES games. In fact, the Ultima series was the inspiration for Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy.

So how do we get animated tile maps? Very useful for water, if nothing else. Even having one tile that animated would be great!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)