Android build in C3 working on Google Play?

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Hi. Did anyone already test if the new build feature apk's work on Google Play store? Would be great if you could just upload the built file instead of using the project to manually build it in Intel XDK or other services.

• Well when I was making it I published a couple of APK's via the alpha channel for testing. Provided you've signed the APK correctly it should be fine

• So it does not work if I just use the signing in the C3 build menu? The dev Center showed a hint about a new signing method in play store. I used Intel XDK in the past. Do I need to sign it manually now?

• Currently the build options are debug and unsigned. You can get the unsigned apk and then sign it yourself (you don't need intel xdk for this, and in fact xdk is moving away from android altogether), or you can wait a little bit for the update thats coming which will let you sign the apk as a third option in the c3 build menu.

• This is an error I got when building an app for android:

"Build Failed!

exceeded maximum project size"

Did anyone else get this error??

I didn't think my app was that big......

• I thought "release build" is the signed build. I have 4 options when building for Android: none, project only, debug build, release build.

Would be great if you don't have to do this or other extra steps.

STARTECHSTUDIOS How big is it?

• Bl4ckSh33p we don't have any signing enabled at the moment, all builds are returned in unsigned.

Debug builds can be installed on a device manually as is, and can be linked to a debugger ( not C3's debugger at the moment ).

Release builds must be signed before they can be used, and should be used for publishing to the store.

STARTECHSTUDIOS

We have some size limits in place at the moment to protect the server from being overloaded, these are likely to be adjusted when we understand our system limits better but at the moment they are 40mb ( compressed ) 100mb uncompressed. If we start getting higher than this we might have to look into implementing APK expansion files for the runtime, as the play store has a APK size limit of 100mb.

• Ok, thanks. Would be great if bigger files could work with the expansion feature from play store.

• Bl4ckSh33p We've just bumped the limit up to 100mb, so hopefully not many people will be hitting the size limit for awhile. I'd like to implement the expansion files, but other things have higher priority right now. Your welcome to create a feature request for it, if it gets sufficient traction I can move it up the priority list... well as much as I can

• Did anyone already build apk's signed for the play store?

How can I sign the files fast and easy? I used Intel XDK in the past and it had a simple window/wizard for it built in. Never signed them manually.

Is it possible to do it in Visual Studio? It has some Android SDK/Plugins in the installer.

• Did anyone already build apk's signed for the play store?

How can I sign the files fast and easy? I used Intel XDK in the past and it had a simple window/wizard for it built in. Never signed them manually.

Is it possible to do it in Visual Studio? It has some Android SDK/Plugins in the installer.

I created a tutorial. I spent the whole Saturday trying to figure out how to do it. However the language is in pt-BR.

https://plus.google.com/106648134270787516369/posts/extVLSL6aSV

There is also this that is in another way. And it's in en-US.

https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/android-apk-signing-tool-apk-signer/

I just had this problem

https://www.scirra.com/forum/error-after-publishing-my-game-on-googleplay_t192381

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I tried manually sign my apk using the android studio build then change the minimum target sdk to Anrdoid Kitkat 4.4 on the android manifest (Android Lollipop 5.0 is the default). It build successfully but when try to run it into my phone (Android Kitkat 4.4) after the splash screen finished to load I just got a black screen I don't know why maybe because I changed the android version. I mean it would be a lot easier if scirra can manually sign your apk natively.

• Nepeo Games can even work after signing up using android studio. But the interaction with google play is not working. I am having several issues and am not getting support response or some deadline for solution. I think these problems are serious because they are preventing me from publishing my game. Here's the topic with the problem: https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/452 Sorry to be annoying, but it's been 8 days since I've had this problem.

• martdsam I appreciate it can be pretty frustrating, if I'm completely honest the issues with google play services are not something we'd anticipated and the fixes look like they could be time consuming.

We're going to do a quick patch using the user agent change and I will also provide some debugging assistance for you via GitHub. Hopefully this will solve the problem for the time being until we have enough spare man hours to revamp the plugin.

• martdsam I appreciate it can be pretty frustrating, if I'm completely honest the issues with google play services are not something we'd anticipated and the fixes look like they could be time consuming.

We're going to do a quick patch using the user agent change and I will also provide some debugging assistance for you via GitHub. Hopefully this will solve the problem for the time being until we have enough spare man hours to revamp the plugin.

Perfect. I do not mind if they take some time to solve, however I like to have the answers to know how the solution is going. I also work with development and I know how these problems are. Thanks for the answer. Sorry if I was boring.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)