[Suggestion] Visual|Hidden|Project-wide Families

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
  • "Visual plugins (e.g. Sprite) appear in the layout and draw something to the screen.

Hidden plugins (e.g. Array) are placed in a particular layout, but do not draw anything to the screen.

Project-wide plugins (e.g. Mouse, Audio) are added to the entire project, and can only be added once."

https://www.scirra.com/manual/69/plugins

the problem:

if for example i want to have a family with just the pin behavior, i cannot place there a sprite font, a sprite and a spriter object.

but i can add a pin behavior for each of this objects individually.

i suggest another type of family that is not plugin based, it will lose the plugins, actions and conditions.

but it would share the behaviors / instance variable / effects.

you start by creating your family and adding sprites as usual ,if you then try to add a sprite font to the mix a warning will appear.

it will state that it will lose its sprite actions and conditions (delete them from the event sheets).

and will only keep its family behaviors / instance variable / effects and transform properties (if its a visual plugin).

you cannot place 2 objects from different plugin-type (Visual|Hidden|Project-wide) in family

its probably a lot to ask, but im sure heavy users will love to have this

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)