Expressions

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Add this awesome sound effects to make your visual novel come to life!
  • I saw a similar topy in the french translation area.

I personally think to not translate expressions into German.

This can be confusing in my opinion?

What do other german translators think about this?

Next problem are "ä,ö,ü,ß" and so on in expressions, for instance "CellSize" would be "ZellGröße".

I'm not sure if this works out well?

At the moment I translate expressions "as is", so basically leave them at english.

Regards

Andy

• I would suggest translating expressions rather than leaving them in English, possibly with the exception of some system expressions that may be more confusing to translate (at the discretion of the translator - I'm not really familiar with this, but I think some English technical terms have become standard in other languages).

We've considered adding a setting to display expressions in English instead of translating them so you can have it both ways, so there may as well be a translated version if possible.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I saw a similar topy in the french translation area.

I personally think to not translate expressions into German.

This can be confusing in my opinion?

I would translate it. 'Ausdruck' is a correct translation and a common word in the mathematics and computer science in German. I would translate all words which have a correct counter part. People who switch to there native language do this mostly because they have problems with English so it could be a little confusing for them to still see some words in English.

What do other german translators think about this?

Next problem are "ä,ö,ü,ß" and so on in expressions, for instance "CellSize" would be "ZellGröße".

I'm not sure if this works out well?

I would translate this too. I wouldn't use CamelCase if it's not really necessary. Zellengröße would be ok, I think.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)