Star Nomad 2 on Steam, iOS & Android!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • hey great you got the Steam Achievements working.. did you use MadSpy's plugin?

if so can you tell us what versions of C2 and Node you are using with it?

I use Scirra's experimental Greenworks and NW.js 0.13.

I find no difference in NW 0.14 to 0.16 in performance, so there's no point in me using those newer ones. 0.13 is fast, smooth and stable.

I'm on C2 227. I posted about that in the Greenworks thread in the general forum.

The bad thing about NW is it still fails to load on OSX for big games, once you get above 1000 assets, you pretty much cannot export to MAC. Linux however works!

• Yea, everyone I know that plays Pokemon GO complains about batteries now, lol. This is why we are designing for PC for now...

Well, the gamers complaint about it but it doesn't stop them playing anyway! I think they know, something like an iPhone 6 or typical mobile, will go flat in around 3 hours gaming seriously. I don't like it, but I'm not actually a mobile gamer so I see it differently.

My point is C2 games can work great on mobiles, so it's a good idea to think about porting over your games to these platforms too. Additional sales or passive income is great.

• I use Scirra's experimental Greenworks and NW.js 0.13.

I find no difference in NW 0.14 to 0.16 in performance, so there's no point in me using those newer ones. 0.13 is fast, smooth and stable.

I'm on C2 227. I posted about that in the Greenworks thread in the general forum.

The bad thing about NW is it still fails to load on OSX for big games, once you get above 1000 assets, you pretty much cannot export to MAC. Linux however works!

awesome, thanks for the info...

• >

> Yea, everyone I know that plays Pokemon GO complains about batteries now, lol. This is why we are designing for PC for now...

>

Well, the gamers complaint about it but it doesn't stop them playing anyway! I think they know, something like an iPhone 6 or typical mobile, will go flat in around 3 hours gaming seriously. I don't like it, but I'm not actually a mobile gamer so I see it differently.

My point is C2 games can work great on mobiles, so it's a good idea to think about porting over your games to these platforms too. Additional sales or passive income is great.

How many sprites do you have on-screen at once?

Also, how do you go about debugging mobile clients? Do you have representative machines, or do you use virtualization?

Have you ever run across a white-screen issue? Our current website and client both suffer from a white-screen issue, that I have been unable to solve as of yet...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How many sprites do you have on-screen at once?

Also, how do you go about debugging mobile clients? Do you have representative machines, or do you use virtualization?

Have you ever run across a white-screen issue? Our current website and client both suffer from a white-screen issue, that I have been unable to solve as of yet...

In big fleet battles, sprites/particles get to around 3000. It's mostly due to ship, missile & weapons trail effects, which is made up of lots of fading sprites.

Performance is not sprite limited, it's CPU logic limited to process my AI & Pilots.

I test it over wi-fi on the browser of devices and look at usage statistics and base my optimizations on event groups which are using too much CPU.

The only issues I've had are with audio but there are work-arounds for those.

• Is there a way to get a package deal so I can get it on Steam and ios?

Probably a silly question, but figured it wouldn't hurt to try

• In big fleet battles, sprites/particles get to around 3000. It's mostly due to ship, missile & weapons trail effects, which is made up of lots of fading sprites.

Performance is not sprite limited, it's CPU logic limited to process my AI & Pilots.

I test it over wi-fi on the browser of devices and look at usage statistics and base my optimizations on event groups which are using too much CPU.

The only issues I've had are with audio but there are work-arounds for those.

It is the GPU that I worry about most.

Okay... yea. We have between 10,000 and 100,000 star sprites, then fleet sprites, movement path sprites, fog of war sprites, and sprite fonts. So, I think we will need to build a lighter mobile client later. :-p

Your game looks like an RPG version of Distant Worlds, which I like a lot.

• gumshoe2029

My game is a modernized Escape Velocity & Star Control with a focus on RPG. I guess Distant Worlds is similar, top down space adventure.

I was CPU bound for logic early on which forced me to better optimize the events for AI & NPC Pilots. If you need a lot of star sprites, you can use GPU shaders for that, generating star fields and such, rather than doing it sprite based.

I don't think there's a possible way to setup that, since they are different stores. And iOS doesn't have a good key system without limitations.

• gumshoe2029

My game is a modernized Escape Velocity & Star Control with a focus on RPG. I guess Distant Worlds is similar, top down space adventure.

I was CPU bound for logic early on which forced me to better optimize the events for AI & NPC Pilots. If you need a lot of star sprites, you can use GPU shaders for that, generating star fields and such, rather than doing it sprite based.

Distant Worlds is a top-down RTS, but the graphics in your game is similarly charming.

See, those make the best games. We are building an MMO version of Master of Orion II.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)