Star Nomad 2 on Steam, iOS & Android!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • very happy to hear that this Intel HD graphics problem is no more of an issue, that was a real dealbreaker for steam, + lots of the new portable devices like surface pro use intel graphics so this is actually great news, also congrats on the release! I hope it does very well

• Anonnymitet and , thank you for the info. Releasing on Steam will be my goal. So every info about the process and integrating Steam features is valuable for me.

• Wow, if Steamspy at http://steamspy.com/app/414950 is any close to the real numbers, then congrats Well deserved cause I can imagine how much work you have put into this. I will join these people after the holidays too.

Question: How many events to SN2 have currently? Is the universe created randomly?

• Wow, if Steamspy at http://steamspy.com/app/414950 is any close to the real numbers, then congrats Well deserved cause I can imagine how much work you have put into this. I will join these people after the holidays too.

Question: How many events to SN2 have currently? Is the universe created randomly?

It's going well, very few massive bugs which I am grateful for. Some balance issues, due to me being a hardcore gamer... gotta tone down some things but overall keeping my vision. Atm my focus is on bugs and such, no point worrying about sales figure. I don't want to check the sales for awhile, so I don't know.

SN2 has ~16K events as of now.

I use a ton of functions already and arrays and such, if I started from scratch I could probably shave off ~2K events for UI which I did early on before I found some nice shortcuts.

• Hello! What do you say to the fact that I localisated the game into the Russian language?

The Russian market is very large and it contains a good demand for indie games.

I ask nothing in return, just nothing to do. If you agree, then discuss in PM.

Russian Construct 2 community also likes indie!

• There's no way to localize that easily because the amount of text in this game is INSANE. Full blown RPG, tons of module descriptions, tons of quests, story lines, missions... so many dialogues from the NPCs you meet as you travel.

It is a monumental task. I do know Russian players love this genre though. I'm a big fan of 1C's Star Wolves series.

• There's no way to localize that easily because the amount of text in this game is INSANE. Full blown RPG, tons of module descriptions, tons of quests, story lines, missions... so many dialogues from the NPCs you meet as you travel.

It is a monumental task. I do know Russian players love this genre though. I'm a big fan of 1C's Star Wolves series.

You're worried for optimizing game or for my time spent? Don't worry, I just need all the text and I will translate it. Russia - this is the second market of Steam, I remind. Think about it, when you start thinking on the profits.

• You're worried for optimizing game or for my time spent? Don't worry, I just need all the text and I will translate it. Russia - this is the second market of Steam, I remind. Think about it, when you start thinking on the profits.

Both, any translator need to go through 5x PhD thesis worth of text... and I poorly coded it from a year ago making it very difficult to support multi languages, its something I messed up for with this game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • >

> You're worried for optimizing game or for my time spent? Don't worry, I just need all the text and I will translate it. Russia - this is the second market of Steam, I remind. Think about it, when you start thinking on the profits.

>

Both, any translator need to go through 5x PhD thesis worth of text... and I poorly coded it from a year ago making it very difficult to support multi languages, its something I messed up for with this game.

You have listed only own difficulties. If you will agree, PM me.

• Just noticed that this had arrived on android have downloaded and am enjoying it so far

Great work

• Just noticed that this had arrived on android have downloaded and am enjoying it so far

Great work

Thanks Darth!

I'm personally impressed with how far Chromium has come, it's got excellent performance and smoothness these days, light years ahead of the situation a year ago.

And interestingly enough, I had quite a few emails from Russian players asking for RU translation. It's my fault this one, well, newbie mistake and also lack of $$ for good translation services.

All in all, I am happy it's finally on iOS & Android too. Early days but it's selling better than I was hoping for on Android. I figured $7.99 is such a big price for mobile games, it would be rejected and nobody buys it, Android specifically with problems with piracy. But I was wrong in my expectations.

• Yes it is impressive how much you can get on mobile now

Games like this give us all something to aim for

My tablet was below the minimum specs you recommended(nexus 7 2013) but seem to be running with no problems.

The only issue is the text on the start menu, the new game, continue etc is very blurred

• I only wish mobile makers would get serious about increasing battery life, because as soon as you load CPU/GPU on these devices, they got flat real fast. It's more like they are made for idling rather than serious gaming.

Besides that, C2 + Mobiles & PC = great currently!

The "New Game, Continue" are blurry sprites I made on purpose, on PC it fades out after a few seconds of inactivity so the background battles come into play and it becomes like a stress test / screen saver.

I ran it on a Galaxy Tab A (1024 x 768 resolution), which has terrible hardware and it was running really smooth! But I was hesitant to recommend it, knowing that there's so many older Android devices which can have issues with Chromium.

• I only wish mobile makers would get serious about increasing battery life, because as soon as you load CPU/GPU on these devices, they got flat real fast. It's more like they are made for idling rather than serious gaming.

Besides that, C2 + Mobiles & PC = great currently!

The "New Game, Continue" are blurry sprites I made on purpose, on PC it fades out after a few seconds of inactivity so the background battles come into play and it becomes like a stress test / screen saver.

I ran it on a Galaxy Tab A (1024 x 768 resolution), which has terrible hardware and it was running really smooth! But I was hesitant to recommend it, knowing that there's so many older Android devices which can have issues with Chromium.

Yea, everyone I know that plays Pokemon GO complains about batteries now, lol. This is why we are designing for PC for now...

• hey great you got the Steam Achievements working.. did you use MadSpy's plugin?

if so can you tell us what versions of C2 and Node you are using with it?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)