Star Nomad 2 on Steam, iOS & Android!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • This is excellent - congratulations!!

• gratz! Told ya its only a matter of time.

• Six weeks, it just passed Greenlight this morning!

There's a ton of competition these days with so many games and a lot of marketing behind them. I'm glad to see it's still possible for the small guy with no marketing budget or major coverage to pass on the merits of the game alone.

Congratulations! That should happen more often We need more games that run the race with quality, not just money.

• Great work! Six weeks seems to be the greenlight magic number for good games without marketing support Good luck with the development

• MadSpy

Colludium

Irbis

Anonnymitet

Thanks you guys, I was worried the swarm of big marketed Greenlight games would overwhelm Valve and the smaller guy will be left behind but it does not seem to be the case, yet.

I followed a bunch of other titles that had a small team who didn't get any press coverage, and their games got Greenlit after ~6 weeks as well.

Good motivation for me and you all for our next projects!

• Great to hear this!, good luck with further developing your game, looks very nice

• congrats great news!

• Looking forward to playing it, was a big fan of your original

• Looking forward to playing it, was a big fan of your original

jobel

vtrix

Thanks!

Darth, I hope to release it in December, before xmas. Still have lots of polishing and bug-kill to do, then final balancing etc. Not that much time left til the deadline!

• Darth, I hope to release it in December, before xmas. Still have lots of polishing and bug-kill to do, then final balancing etc. Not that much time left til the deadline!

Yay, great news! Good luck with the final push, man. You can do it!

• This looks awesome!

Where will it be playable at when released (and what platforms)? Is it multiplayer? (sorry if I missed that info somewhere)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This looks awesome!

Where will it be playable at when released (and what platforms)? Is it multiplayer? (sorry if I missed that info somewhere)

Thanks!

It's designed for PC/MAC, I haven't considered how it will play on other platforms yet. Single-player only in scope.

But I do have plans to eventually port it to iOS, for the iPhone 6 Plus and iPads at the least. Android is probably a no go, I'm certain the webview/cordova on Android cannot handle this game's complexity and battles.

iOS's WKWebview is really fast in my experience (~5x faster than Android Chromium), so it should be able to handle a slightly toned down version.

There's a lot of money to be made on iOS if you have a good game, especially if you are already making a game on C2 which is cross-platform, it would be throwing away $$ to not port it to iOS.

So the currently plan is to finish/polish for December Steam release. Then work on the iOS port. When that's done, I have some cool ideas for the next game already. Hopefully Star Nomad 2 earns me enough $ to justify being a game-dev (and buying the Scirra business license!).

• Just went live on Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/414950

With trading cards (pretty quick and simple to do, no plugin required), achievements and cloud sync (very easy to do, no plugin required).

• Congratulations! Did you use NW v 13 alpha in the end?

• Congratulations! Did you use NW v 13 alpha in the end?

Yup, 13 alpha 7.

Only one that was smooth and remains smooth without a memory leak for hours on end.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)