Splodged. My first endevour needs some feedback ;o

0 favourites
  • Hi Folks,

Been learning Construct 2 for a month now, (free edition).

Here's a look at what I've come up with.

Player follows mouse on X axis, continually shooting up at the Gloop.

For MOUSE control:

pause menu is 'p'.

Normal rockets that can slow Gloop decent rate is 'LMB'.

Super Rockets that can be destructive to Gloop Pipes is 'RMB'

For TOUCH control:

pause menu is accessed onscreen, just to right of the SCORE.

Normal rockets that can slow Gloop decent rate is accessed by touching 'Rocket:Count'(to the Right of Blaster Force).

Super Rockets that can be destructive to Gloop Pipes is accessed by touching 'Super:Count'(to the Left of Blaster Force)

Hope I've shared this correctly and please, any feedback would be most welcomed.

Enjoy. ;o)

Current Up to date Link:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32755330/Splodged%20v3.01%20Test%20for%20Scirra/index.html

• Wow, 90 views and not even 1 comment. maybe my first endevour should of been called Tumbleweed instead lmao.

• I played it to Wave 3. I was just wondering why Gloop (green goo).

• I had a few ideas for themes, but got distracted with graphics instead of learning the mechanics of Construct. So I decided to go with a simple theme and if I liked what was growing, then I could continue themes through the levels. Green Space Gloop was easy to throw something together quick.

Flaming columns of fire spreading through a forest with a fireman holding them back with his hose, is another idea.

I'm sure you noticed that I haven't even placed a graphic sprite for the player yet and just used a background and explosions from the free bundle download, just to get a feel for the game play.

So to get some outside feedback, I lowered the difficulty to easy, looped the waves and put it on dropbox.

I still want to continue with it, adding some seemingly random enemies that shoot at you whilst your juggling the gloop.

At the moment it currently sits at 40 events. Thinking I can easily get a menu system in and another layout with a boss at the end.

• Fireman spraying water (WebGL effects) at a spreading flame column is a pretty good idea. Add in forest animals on fire running amok (randomly generated, have to put the fires on them out with your water spray asap or they die!).. and you could have yourself a very fun game. Keep at it!

• Updated a few things, one of which is the removal of the easy version. Also added a menu/pause screen.

"https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32755330/Splodged%20v1.04/index.html"

• Updated for touchy screeny control and sorted screen scaling.

"https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32755330/Splodged%20v1.05/index.html"

• Updated quite a few things, still a few things to add, but i'm loving the game mechanics.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32755330/Splodged%20v2.05/index.html

• I like the mechanics and the game idea, but the graphics need some serious work. I think that's the weakest point of the game, but you shouldn't worry about it too much.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • put some fancy nose image in the background

and call game "Snot Nose HD" :)

• alvarop Yeh I been following good advice and leaving the finished graphics till the game was mechanic-ready. ;o)

• Here's how the PowerUp Drops are looking at the moment.

i still want to refine their sizes, but this is how I'm leaning towards their general look.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32755330/PowerUpAnimTest/index.html

• Menu System, 3 Choices of Gloop Qty (40, 50, or 60), 3 Choices of Game Difficulty (Easy, Normal, or Hard), and Game mechanics all sorted. Just Menu Game Instructions and final graphic aesthetics on the to do list. ;o)

It's either Mouse or Touch controlled game.

For MOUSE control:

pause menu is 'p'.

Normal rockets that can slow Gloop decent rate is 'LMB'.

Super Rockets that can be destructive to Gloop Pipes is 'RMB'

For TOUCH control:

pause menu is accessed onscreen, just to right of the SCORE.

Normal rockets that can slow Gloop decent rate is accessed by touching 'Rocket:Count'(to the Right of Blaster Force).

Super Rockets that can be destructive to Gloop Pipes is accessed by touching 'Super:Count'(to the Left of Blaster Force)

please, please, pretty please, good feedback needed.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32755330/Splodged%20v3.01%20test%20for%20Scirra/index.html

• You should probably fix the link in first post to point to current version of the game.

After loosing, you can see effects from enemies in the menu screen.

Made it to Wave 3 on Easy difficulty.

That triple-shot power-up actually does the player a dark favour, since that way you tackle a lot of gloops at once, causing a real outbreak once it's out.

Wouldn't call graphics "bad". It could use a background and better player sprite, but generally consistent. Projectile color change upon picking up boosters was a nice touch too.

Sounds or music would have helped though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)