Sooo... This thread exists... *FacePalm*

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Hi,

So as the title implies, I have only recently discovered this thread...

I went on a little ramble so if you are interested in only the games, skip to the last paragraphs =D

So right around the age of 12 I got my first smartphone: a nokia lumia 710. It's an alright phone but since I could not play the games my friends were playing got me asking: "How hard can it be to make a game?" and poof! The curiosity flame was lit. (Also I think that because I had this phone and not an android phone I got to experience more unique games, rather than flappy bird or clash of clans and made me try to make interesting games rather than flappy bird clones. I'm proud that I can say I never made a flappy bird clone, witch is something not even Google can say =D )

I type on my little phone: "how to make a game" and I see a lot of Unity tutorials so I download Unity, follow the tutorials and it works great! Only that when I tried and make something different other than what the tutorials were showing me... I broke the whole game... I uninstalled the program as I could clearly see I cannot learn it and I was now back at square one...

About a year later, one of my favorite youtuber (NerdCubed) uploads a video of a small game he made called how to snooker. In the video he said the name of the program he used: Construct 2. I download the program and after I fiddled with the ui a bit I got annoyed because I did not realize I didn't start a new project... (I'm not a very smart kid...)

A day passes and I again think about C2 so I look at some tutorials on youtube (side note: What's up with the lack of community tutorials? I like the scirra tuts but I prefer seeing someone impartial to the engine and who doesn't need to showcase the engine) I get an urge to try and see what I can do. I install it a second time and after working a couple of days I get my first game: a volley ball game made for two players using only the platform behaviour and the physics behaviour. I was quite chuffed with myself =D

At the time I was going trough a school related depression (and still am, but nothing like what I was going trough then), so making video games became my safe heaven.

When school started to drain me more and more I had to leave this "hobby" behind and focus on school. I started my last project to see how far I came and after making it I would then focus on school.

Happily tough, that mini project took off and started working on it religiously. This would turn out to be, after about 5 months of work, my first game: Domino King! I asked my mom for 125$ (100$ for the C2 licence and 25$ for the Google Play licence) and put my game on Google Play. I also thought that I'd be able to make these 125$ back in no time... Again, I'm not the smartest kid...

But from those 2 people who bought my game I earned 1 whole dollar. It's not a fortune, but what;s the most important thing about this dollar is that I showed my mom that I could one day earn money from this thing.

I am now almost 15 and have made so far 3 games for android: Domino King , Quick Trigger an my latest and most successful by far Water Balloon Frenzy. (Here's a link to all of them: http://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?i ... 2579275179)

I am working on and almost finished my fourth game called Fine Tuned (an arcade game where you have to match the colors of your enemies to destroy them) witch will be out very soon. From there on I'll try to expand my games a bit more and see if I can push into the pc market =D

Now my first game Domino King costs 1$ (This if because I thought I could earn back the 125$ my mom gave me for the licences...) but if you want to try it, send me a private message and I'll send you a free code for listening to my ramble =D

Pictures: (I don't know how to make them smaller, sorry...)

Domino King:

Quick Trigger:

Water Balloon Frenzy:

Work In Progress - Fine Tuned:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I tip my hat to you, sir.

I'm at work right now, so I can't try the games currently, but I will make sure to try Quick Trigger as soon as I can. It looks quite promising.

Keep working and turn that dollar into a full-time career! Right after making back those 125 bucks, of course!

PS: I think your mom should be considered a shareholder of Moon Light Games, by the way.

• I tip my hat to you, sir.

I'm at work right now, so I can't try the games currently, but I will make sure to try Quick Trigger as soon as I can. It looks quite promising.

Keep working and turn that dollar into a full-time career! Right after making back those 125 bucks, of course!

PS: I think your mom should be considered a shareholder of Moon Light Games, by the way.

Thank you very much for the nice reply and for the interest in my games!

For me a full-time career is my 'wet dream' since I made my first game and I wish I'll be able to make it a reality one day. =D

And my mom is way more than a shareholder; every time I have an idea or a prototype, she's the first person to hear about them and to give me suggestions on how to improve them

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)