Random cave generator(capx)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Random Maze Generator with Door & Key System - tutorial capx
  • cesisco Wonderful news, and I've always wanted to see how the bitwise autotile method worked. Is it a custom behaviour or just some clever event work?

Wrangler, i use events for the Autotile system, actually i'm working in a terrainn library to use with the autotile system, and it will have more than 50 types of terrain, i will talk about this in other post.

• cesisco is there any good way to limit the height of any particular section so that you can't get stuck in areas that are too tall to jump out of? I mean I see that you could just give movements like double jump, wall jump, etc... but that limits the type of game you could use it on. A way to control to some degree some of the attributes of the randomly generated terrain would make it much more flexible...

BluePhaze, yes you can make rules for the type of game you want, next week i will take a look at these examples and i will split them in different categories, cave , platform, autotile etc, because my capx are rigth now a big mess.

here an example for a random platform game, is a very rough, but in this example the player can jump to every terrain in the level.The player can jump only 256 pix high.

random terrain

• cesisco nice examples. Thanks for showing us what you are working on.

• Oh man. I wish I could do something like this. :(

• interesting man,,, nice generator.

• cesisco nice examples. Thanks for showing us what you are working on.

Thanks czar

• Oh man. I wish I could do something like this. :(

EncryptedCow, i am busy right now, but i will post the capx here, i just have to clean it a bit and add some comments/notes to it.

• interesting man,,, nice generator.

Thanks tchem.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is really nice, the camera is quite finely implemented (I'm trying to fo the same thing but fine-tuning just never ends :) )the simplistic style is awesome. Even now this is huge. May I ask about the performance hit if you create larger caves?

• Wow this is a cool project. Nice work.

• This is really nice, the camera is quite finely implemented (I'm trying to fo the same thing but fine-tuning just never ends :) )the simplistic style is awesome. Even now this is huge. May I ask about the performance hit if you create larger caves?

Hi,tks.This is a 48x32 array generating 700/800 objects, and it runs pretty well on my PC, when i have some time i will double the width to see what happens

• Wow this is a cool project. Nice work.

Thanks danny

• Hey Cesisco, could you help me with the magicam (or magicam-like) settings? I tinkered around quite a bit but couldn't make it smooth with lag like yours.

Best Regards;

• Hey Cesisco, could you help me with the magicam (or magicam-like) settings? I tinkered around quite a bit but couldn't make it smooth with lag like yours.

Best Regards;

Windwalker , just use lerp.

create a variable "camera1"

camera1=0-set scroll X to lerp(scrollX,player.X,2*dt)

-set scroll Y to lerp(scrollY,player.Y,2*dt)

then you can set the variable to other values if you need other camera types, or to scale the layout to do some cinematic transitions

camera1=1- set layout scale to lerp(LayoutScale,0.5,0.5*dt).......

• I'm making a procedural dungeon generator myself , gotta re-write it tho ...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)