Orbit Updated Teaser

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • [TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EjuH0YN6UI[/TUBE]

Here's an updated teaser showing some basic drone gameplay. Everything is still in pre-alpha so all assets, art, sound etc are placeholder.

This is the same content that I showed in the last video but with updated mechanics, physics and art - I made the video so I can link people to a more recent version of the game as opposed to the painfully slow build from a few months ago.

I'm also introducing a new label associated with the game. Coffee and Tea, Tyler and I have formed a joint studio and this is what we're calling ourselves. Website / press material will be available when we hit Alpha but for now use crudepixel.com to see what we're up to.

Thanks!

• Looks awesome!

similar in ways to what i'm working on.. is he controlled entirely by physics?

The way the run animation accelerates with the footsteps noise is really well done.

I think it's hard to make a platformer with gradual acceleration feel right, especially to players who are not used to inertia.. but this looks pretty much perfect - i imagine you spent some time fine tuning it.

good job

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • All i can say is... WOOW

• Wow man, that's really nice! I also really, really like the speedy acceleration of the player. It seems really slick.

The art and atmosphere are also exceptional!

• keepee

Thanks! Yeah the character is entirely physics, I've spent most of my time on the game fine-tuning the movement, I was very worried it would end up feeling floaty like lbp but after a lot of experimentation I think this character feels more familiar / traditional even though it is physics.

• Keep it up!

Every day more and more potential games born on Scirra's engine(okey-okey, construct)

• This is extremely impressive! The sound is great, too. I like it a lot!

• Thanks guys :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)