My C2 game "Bee Active" is live on Ouya!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • awesome, I'm not at home with my Ouya, but do you have this as a trial, paid up front or totally free? I'm SUPER interested in knowing how to get IAP stuff to work with Ouya of course.

I have another project.. a really quick one called "controller quest" I'm making and I want to add a donate button to test the IAP stuff.

congratz again!

Oh and on a side note, I got an semi-acceptance email from Nintendo for the Wii-U.. so now I have to find out what all that really means.

Thanks,

Caleb

• Yay an Ouya game!

• awesome, I'm not at home with my Ouya, but do you have this as a trial, paid up front or totally free? I'm SUPER interested in knowing how to get IAP stuff to work with Ouya of course.

Mine is completely free - as far as I'm aware at the moment, there is no simple way to accept IAP with games made from Construct 2 on the OUYA, I may be wrong though.

• Grimbarian yes I got to play it (and rate it 5 star). very cool! Yea I noticed it's free as well. Yea I'm not sure what it will take, but it seems that if CocoonJS has IAP and C2 has IAP stuff (from what I can tell C2's is pretty generic, so it seems like it can adapt to any platform) however having not even started on that aspect of things I have no idea how feasible it is.. I might need to reach out to Tim to see if he can help

btw, I was curious. I noticed in your joystick setup your analog responsed to on/off like conditions.. not "analog" which is cool, but I wondered if you did this for similar reasons I'm coming too in my experiments..

I'm working on my "controller quest" utility/game which is one i'm trying to incorporate a "donate" button to use it as a quick control tester utility to launch something aside from Bee Active and test out IAP stuff http://part12studios.com/temp/ControllerTest2/

I can't seem to effectively simulate the analog value in real-time to create a 1 to 1 movement on the screen with what the analog joysticks are doing.. here is the thread making-hud-analog-joystick-that-lines-up-with-gamepad_t111060

Dpad and buttons are fine, but it really comes down to me not understanding how to work with the analog values 1 to - 1 effectively. it almost seems like there is no way to get those values in a way that can let the realtime degrees effect gameplay.. but this of course doesn't sound right at all so I'm clearly in space I don't fully grasp yet.

• part12studios - yeah, my joystick setting is on a 'digital' or on/off setup because I too didn't know how to correctly do it in a true analogue style for the OUYA (or at all in fact).

I'll be following your thread with interest to see what comes out of it.

• Grimbarian awesome thanks for confirming your experience as well. I probably will reach out to Ashley to see if I'm missing something but first I want to re-read the manual to be sure I'm not overlooking something myself. I'll definitely be sure that thread provides some kind of conclusive state of things with analog joystick stuff.

• Grimbarian the plot thickens with the controller.. i'm close to having it work but i'm stuck on the issue of how do I only listen to one value in a formula screen when I'm given a value like (0,0) because that's how the raw X and Y data comes.. but because I seem to only catch the X value (first 0 of 0,0) the joystick moves diagonally

• Great! I am eager to read your tutorial.

• I'm happy to report the full analog thing is going well.. all I have left to figure out is the trigger analog values.. and how to capture / represent them visually..

I'm trying to figure out "all things console" with C2 / Ouya so I can make a really comprehensive tutorial... hopefully I don't hit a wall before accomplishing these remaining goals:

1. getting full mapping for controls working

2. figuring out how to do IAP through CocoonJS for Ouya.

thread can be found here https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=111060

• behold! We have full analog mapage.. http://part12studios.com/temp/ControllerTest7/ Grimbarian it's working very well now.

keep in mind this mapping is for an xbox controller, but really its all the same, you just have to figure out which buttons fire off for which event..

• That's awesome part12studios - top work!

Are you sharing the .capx at all with your work? It would certainly help me and other dev's on here that are targeting the OUYA.

Well done again! Looking forward to the full tutorial.

• I played it yesterday.. Good game..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thanks! I plan on doing an update for it, but all my Ouya time has been spent figuring out IAP stuff. CocoonJS might not be good for Ouya/IAP.. but fine if you want to make a 100% free game. There is another solution though that might take awhile to make, will insure C2 devs can make games for the Ouya for sure. A solution provided by a developer at Ouya, so this is going to be exciting. Nothing will happen though till September due to other current priorities on the devs plate.

Thanks!

Caleb

• also for anyone wanting to know more about the controller stuff, i have resources on it over on this thread it hasn't been perfected yet, but it should still be a helpful starting point. I plan on doing more on it, I've just had to divide my time and I'm more interested in IAP options because I'm not interested in making more free games for the Ouya without some monetization in there.

• thanks! I plan on doing an update for it, but all my Ouya time has been spent figuring out IAP stuff. CocoonJS might not be good for Ouya/IAP.. but fine if you want to make a 100% free game. There is another solution though that might take awhile to make, will insure C2 devs can make games for the Ouya for sure. A solution provided by a developer at Ouya, so this is going to be exciting. Nothing will happen though till September due to other current priorities on the devs plate.

Thanks!

Caleb

That's fine, because I don't plan on releasing my game for Ouya until late September anyway.. I've already have most of my game ready for the Ouya.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)