Kitten Chaos [Andriod] - looking for feedback :)

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hi everyone,

Kitten Chaos is a game about escaped, very rotund Kittens. It is your job to save the kittens by rolling them back to their baskets, avoiding distractions, trapdoors and various other hazards along the way.

Earn Catnip Coins by saving kittens, achieving the awesomeness award and by beating your high scores. Also look out for bonus levels in which you can find extra Catnip Coins and even treasure chests full of them!

Spend your Catnip Coins on the Lucky Kitten, where you can win lives, boosts, tricks and even adopt more incredibly round Kittens.

Check it out below:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... s&hl=en_GB

Screen shots:

Any feedback at all would be hugely appreciated especially if it involves any bugs -

I am currently aware of two bugs which seem to be device specific:

A) poor sprite font appearance on some devices causes lines to appear at the edge of some letters.

B) Screen *sometimes* doesn't reposition after watching an advert with coin reward selected.

If anyone runs into these feedback would be SO welcome.

Thanks,

Andy

• Hey, I played your app! First, I have to say I like how simple the concept and interaction is. You just tap to play, and the cat rolls Makes it more likely for someone to keep playing. I like the idea of obstacles, and it's very tricky trying to tap in the right spots with the right timing! You put a lot of work in the graphics and it shows. Very smooth, great sound and animations.

If I had to nit pick, it wouldn't be about the game itself. For example, when you pause the game, I would like to see the buttons that pop up to be bigger. Also, when the level is over, I think the fade to black starts too early and lasts too long...it makes me think my phone is going to sleep or shutting off. Lastly, my guess would be that when a level start screen slides in from the left, you have used the Pin behavior. But it seems like you are pinning things to other objects that are then pinned to something else (because of how they don't slide together). If you pick one thing (such as the menu box image) and pin everything to that one thing (no matter how they are layered), then everything will slide together at the same time. (Actually, maybe you did that on purpose! I'm not sure)

I hope that didn't sound too critical, because I didn't mean for it to be! These are just small things that took me out of the experience, and if they were changed, it would be a cohesive overall experience. It's a great little game that you put a lot of work in to. (I also like the slot machine aspect, it's a great monetization tool)

• Hey, I played your app! First, I have to say I like how simple the concept and interaction is. You just tap to play, and the cat rolls Makes it more likely for someone to keep playing. I like the idea of obstacles, and it's very tricky trying to tap in the right spots with the right timing! You put a lot of work in the graphics and it shows. Very smooth, great sound and animations.

If I had to nit pick, it wouldn't be about the game itself. For example, when you pause the game, I would like to see the buttons that pop up to be bigger. Also, when the level is over, I think the fade to black starts too early and lasts too long...it makes me think my phone is going to sleep or shutting off. Lastly, my guess would be that when a level start screen slides in from the left, you have used the Pin behavior. But it seems like you are pinning things to other objects that are then pinned to something else (because of how they don't slide together). If you pick one thing (such as the menu box image) and pin everything to that one thing (no matter how they are layered), then everything will slide together at the same time. (Actually, maybe you did that on purpose! I'm not sure)

I hope that didn't sound too critical, because I didn't mean for it to be! These are just small things that took me out of the experience, and if they were changed, it would be a cohesive overall experience. It's a great little game that you put a lot of work in to. (I also like the slot machine aspect, it's a great monetization tool)

Hey sgtwombatstudios,

first of all, thank you for your kind words. Now for your incredibly insightful feedback! It didn't sound too critical at all - far from it, I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head with constructive criticism I appreciate it very much. You were absolutely spot on with your thoughts on the pin behaviour - I am pinning things to the menu object which is in turn pinned to a handler sprite. I had no idea that would cause that slightly delayed sliding behavior! I will be fixing that, making the menu buttons bigger when the game is paused and shortening the fade between level and level success in my next update (along with adding another room).

Seriously thank you for such fantastic feedback

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Edit for screenshots!

Edit Edit - can anyone tell me how to make the screenshots fit to page? :S

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)