I'd Love Feedback! (Warning: Gore/Violence)

• Thanks!

Actually its a 22-23 year old young woman.

I hope the extra cutscenes I will add will fix this perception so people assume the pixel art is of a woman not a small girl.

But we'll see!

Most of the things in the game like health bars title screens and other elements are not finalized - currently I am just determining how well the game will run and wether I need to change my strategy to improve the performance.

• Works well in chrome, seems to be around the 60 fps mark. Sorry, I've not gone through the other pages, but here's my feedback:

The game plays reasonably well, it just needs a bit more variety in the attacks. Perhaps some kind of combo system would be good.

Also, with all the blood spraying everywhere, it would be good to have the player get more covered with gore as she kills more enemies.

• Works well in chrome, seems to be around the 60 fps mark. Sorry, I've not gone through the other pages, but here's my feedback:

The game plays reasonably well, it just needs a bit more variety in the attacks. Perhaps some kind of combo system would be good.

Also, with all the blood spraying everywhere, it would be good to have the player get more covered with gore as she kills more enemies.

Hey! Thanks for the feedback, what are your specs? :)

• Looks unique and i like the stylized pixel gore... a game can never have too much gore imo :D

• Looks unique and i like the stylized pixel gore... a game can never have too much gore imo :D

how was the performance?

• Ran fine on my work machine, but if it didn't you'd have serious issues. If you add some some basic touch controls I'll test it on an iPad2 just so you can get a feel for how basic of a device it will run on.

• Updated the OP with link to new playable part of the game, would love feedback on characters, story, tone and ease of play during the more adventure game parts.

LINK

• Worked great. I finished the level.

Would be nice if I could go back to the level room after leaving it the the right. Not really necessary, but good for game flow. It might also be nice to be able to press Space or something to skip the current chat bubble. It's fine the first time through but when you want to replay those chat bubbles can really slow the game down.

It seemed to me that everything was easy to figure out. Keep up the good work!

• Worked great. I finished the level.

Would be nice if I could go back to the level room after leaving it the the right. Not really necessary, but good for game flow. It might also be nice to be able to press Space or something to skip the current chat bubble. It's fine the first time through but when you want to replay those chat bubbles can really slow the game down.

It seemed to me that everything was easy to figure out. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! I love feedback, might do that!

The chat bubbles can be sped up by holding down the LMB, but I might make them even faster.

Also, you can simply finish the level by platforming if you timed the jumps perfectly, so it's a mix of styles for different people which I hope to put in places through the game.

• i think it looks nice! but it was a little bit too hard to jump through the fences, maybe i have to practice ...

• i think it looks nice! but it was a little bit too hard to jump through the fences, maybe i have to practice ...

Did you discover the alternative routes? :P

• From what I've played so far, I think the game is coming along quite well. I like that you keep the dialogue concise, and I also think it'll be important to keep character development easy to follow/understand.

XD I was hoping for pixel gore action in the demo.

Keep up the awesome work on the game :)

• Wow, this is looking really good!

A couple things:

The fence is really hard to jump over, especially the second one.

The rain gets annoying after a while - and I don't really like how it follows the screen. Any way to get it to scroll?

I'd highly suggest changing the font, but I'm guessing it's a placeholder ATM.

Very well done!

(Performance is 60fps for me, midrange laptop.)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Wow, this is looking really good!

A couple things:

The fence is really hard to jump over, especially the second one.

The rain gets annoying after a while - and I don't really like how it follows the screen. Any way to get it to scroll?

I'd highly suggest changing the font, but I'm guessing it's a placeholder ATM.

Very well done!

(Performance is 60fps for me, midrange laptop.)

Thanks for the feedback! Could I have your rough specs? 60fps on Midrange laptop is a decent sign.

1. There are alternative routes to jumping both fences. The key is to try using E around certain objects.

2. Thanks I will try to change that :)

3. Actually I have no idea what font to use as C2 has restrictions on what you can use. Any suggestions would be awesome :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Keep it coming :)

• Nice looking game.

Performance was, unfortunately, lacking on my low-end laptop*.

As for the gameplay: IMHO, you should drop the healthbar and replace it with a Doom'esque healthmeter (i. e. a mugshot of the character getting more and more bloodied, depending on her well-being. Or perhaps even a character sprite that gets crippled after a certain amount of hits).

*CPU: Intel C2D zHG66.1neb@0055T

GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2300

RAM: 2GB DDR2

Browser: Google Chrome

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)