Forgot My Lunch (work in progress)

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • Hi all,

I'm currently working on my first game ever.

Forgot My Lunch is about Chip the Construction Builder who forgot his lunch on top of the building under construction.

In 10 stages (2 finished so far) you must help him get his lunch so he can enjoy it!

We start of easy but the stages will get harder and harder.

The whole setting of the game has a bit retro look and feel.

Regards,

RM

Forgot My Lunch in the Scirra Arcade

• Just have a couple of minutes so I'll give you some real quick feedback of random thoughts in no particular order:

1) Is that Felix from Wreck-It Ralph? He looks awfully much like him...

2) Please replace the space key with the up arrow. I'm not sure what your thinking on this was but it feels weird to have to go between space and up when jumping and climbing ropes. Up should be up (in my book).

3) There's a weird, like, spongy feeling when colliding with the platforms. The player sticks to them and then falls through.

4) I was totally confused in the beginning, thinking that I couldn't walk through the centre beam, so I didn't even try it. It's because it's exactly the same as the outside beams (which are solid), so I'd recommend changing its look slightly to make it obviously not solid.

5) I like the cheeky death messages. They're to the point and make sense.

6) No death from falling too far? Is this a deliberate choice or did I just not fall far enough?

7) Just an odd thought: if he's going after his lunch, why is he not satisfied by all the fruit and croissants that I'm gathering on the way?

8) I really like the name, by the way. I don't usually spend much time in this sub-forum but I saw the thread title and immediately was interested. I didn't know what to expect. It's quirky, and it fits the gameplay pretty well.

9) If I die on the poison then the death animation drops me down twice.

10)It seems a bit unfair to not reset the timer upon death, considering that the player has to start all over from the bottom upon death.

11)Oh god, the music. Please make a longer sample, it's painfully repetetive :P

Great work so far. It needs some tweaking but it's set to be a nice little arcade-style game.

• Great! Makes me feel nostalgic about great games like Donkey Kong. Very good game, very fun... and very difficult!

Great work!

• thank you retro robbym

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Great work so far. It needs some tweaking but it's set to be a nice little arcade-style game.

Thanks for reviewing the game!

1) It is his cousin, Chip :)

2) Will take it in consideration

3) Oke, never noticed that which browser did you use?

4) I thought of it before, will see If I can make a subtle change so it's more obvious.

5) :)

6) Yes, if you fall from to far, you start spinning and drop dead. Maybe adjust the variable a little so it starts sooner.

7) Yes, I thought of that to.. I think I'm gonna replace the fruit by builder tools..

8) :)

9) Oke, gonna check it.

10) Good point, will adjust it.

11) As, a work in progress the music is the last thing I'm gonna finalize but there will be a longer sample. For now you could just press F2 then the music stops. :)

Best regards,

Rob

• Update:

Added Level 4 so Chip can climb a bit higher, and can almost smell his lunch.

• There's something weird about the collision boundary. feels probably better if you made it a tad smaller. gives more wiggle room to dodge.

• LOL, not bad. I'm still hungry though. ;)

• Glad to see this is still being worked on, Still one of my favorite games on the Arcade.

• There's something weird about the collision boundary. feels probably better if you made it a tad smaller. gives more wiggle room to dodge.

Hi Thanks for the comment, but I do not understand what you are saying.

Could you be a bit more specific?

Thanks!

Regards,

Rob

• Glad to see this is still being worked on, Still one of my favorite games on the Arcade.

Thanks!

Yes still working on the game, but I also am working on another one.

I hope to have a beta finished within a few weeks...

See my blog for more info about that

Regards,

Rob

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)