Flamescape

0 favourites
  • Just published my game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ersion.one

Hoping to bring it to Wii U as well so people can use the touchscreen for it! You can become a Wii U dev here:

https://wiiu-developers.nintendo.com/

• Allow me to be brutally honest here, before someone else crushes your dreams. The game's presentation (I haven't actually tried, I couldn't spare 5,66$ for it) makes it look like it's very far from being ready to be :

. On Wii U

. Worth 5,66$

I do not know if the gameplay is fantastic, because, again, I haven't tried it, but even if it is the case, maybe you should look into polishing the presentation and making better graphics for it. A teal sprite, a couple of pixellated fireballs and a black screen won't cut it.

Keep in mind my critique here is being made with the best intentions and might be useful for you as a reality check. Keep working on the game's presentation and it will eventually be worth the price you're asking for. For the moment, I don't see anyone, beside a couple of very good friends who would like to encourage you, buying it.

Good luck with your project and keep it up! Your graphics are actually decent and I'm sure that if you put some more effort into it, you'll make a game that looks, feels and plays great.

• Yeah bud, I have to agree with alvarop. It will be hard to get someone to buy this for $5. Maybe have ads in it and take out the ads if they pay. Or have a couple free levels and then they have to pay for the full ad free version.

good luck

• Allow me to be brutally honest here, before someone else crushes your dreams. The game's presentation (I haven't actually tried, I couldn't spare 5,66$ for it) makes it look like it's very far from being ready to be :

. On Wii U

. Worth 5,66$

I do not know if the gameplay is fantastic, because, again, I haven't tried it, but even if it is the case, maybe you should look into polishing the presentation and making better graphics for it. A teal sprite, a couple of pixellated fireballs and a black screen won't cut it.

Keep in mind my critique here is being made with the best intentions and might be useful for you as a reality check. Keep working on the game's presentation and it will eventually be worth the price you're asking for. For the moment, I don't see anyone, beside a couple of very good friends who would like to encourage you, buying it.

Good luck with your project and keep it up! Your graphics are actually decent and I'm sure that if you put some more effort into it, you'll make a game that looks, feels and plays great.

How specifically can the graphics be improved? As in: art direction, dimensional (2D, 3D, etc.), etc.?

I'm looking for people to help me with the art since I'm not artistic, but everyone is too busy to help me out. Even when I'm willing to pay for art.

In any case, thanks for the constructive criticism!

• Yeah bud, I have to agree with alvarop. It will be hard to get someone to buy this for $5. Maybe have ads in it and take out the ads if they pay. Or have a couple free levels and then they have to pay for the full ad free version.

good luck

I don't approve of fremium games and ads in games, but thank you for the criticism.

• I've lowered the price to $4 from $5. Google Play says it might take a few hours for the change to appear throughout the store.

• Just spoke with Google Play Support. I asked them if I could download a game on my computer to my computer and they said it's only possible with Chrome. I'm not going to download a new browser just to play some games, so I'm going to make a website and host my game on there.

• Just spoke with Google Play Support. They said you can't download a game on your computer to the computer unless you have Chrome. I shouldn't have to download a new browser just to download games, so I'm going to make a website and host my game on there.

• nickkname, I think you've missed my point. The game presentation is not there at all, I wouldn't pay 0,99$ (or even 0,10$) for this game, specially when there are so many high quality products out there for better prices. Plus, you're not giving the users anything to get them hyped about the game. We don't even know what the gameplay is like. A video would help, for example.

Also, when I mean quality wise, I mean pretty much everything. The sprites look unpolished, the presentation is equivalent to a project I could make in 5 minutes, no offense.

In complete honesty, the whole project looks unappealing and I wouldn't be selling it, nor would I be putting it online. This looks more than incomplete and I'm pretty sure you could do better. In short, this needs a lot of work.

Again, not looking to put you down through my post but just to give you some motivation to keep working hard and improving. I'm also a beginner and I'm learning too, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but always know that I'm being sincere and well intentioned.

• Yep. There isn't an easy way to tell you that the game is incomplete and needs more work before it should be sold without saying it directly.

• Try animating the fire things, put some more detail into the player. Give some life to it by adding stuff to the background. Here's a video I often reference that gives some AMAZING tips to make your game "juicier" without a whoel lot of effort.

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Yes, that's a very good place to start. They make something really cool without having the need for fancy graphics.

• nickkname Yeah i'm sorry but agree with the above.

Try this go on the store and look at other games being sold for that much. When doing that look at their presentation and quality. Honestly not being mean but with how it currently presented it looks like something my 8 year old nephew could make in c2 in a couple hours and im not talking about the graphics I mean presentation . Your screen shots look like something you made in a couple seconds they even say only on PC which is confusing about presentation more

• nickkname, I think you've missed my point. The game presentation is not there at all, I wouldn't pay 0,99$ (or even 0,10$) for this game, specially when there are so many high quality products out there for better prices. Plus, you're not giving the users anything to get them hyped about the game. We don't even know what the gameplay is like. A video would help, for example.

Also, when I mean quality wise, I mean pretty much everything. The sprites look unpolished, the presentation is equivalent to a project I could make in 5 minutes, no offense.

In complete honesty, the whole project looks unappealing and I wouldn't be selling it, nor would I be putting it online. This looks more than incomplete and I'm pretty sure you could do better. In short, this needs a lot of work.

Again, not looking to put you down through my post but just to give you some motivation to keep working hard and improving. I'm also a beginner and I'm learning too, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but always know that I'm being sincere and well intentioned.

How can the game look more complete? I don't have video capture to make a video, and the game is just a short one-level game and it is complete, by the way. Also, I've unpublished the game because I'll be putting the game on my site later for the Google Play reasons I already cited.

And how can I get an artist who's willing to make me better art for money without getting distracted by his/her other art projects? Every artist I've contacted has either left me high and dry or didn't finish his/her work. If my art is bad but I can't find an artist, than I guess my games will just have bad art.

I've already seen the Juice It Or Lose It video and I don't agree with its message. Graphics =/= good gameplay. That's why old games are just as fun to play as newer games like Red Dead Redemption and Super Smash Bros.: they got good gameplay, even if not all of their graphics are appealing.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You are right, graphics are not everything... but they do enhance the game greatly.

I am not an good artist by any stretch of the imagination. I compensate by sticking to very simple but clean art.

I would not focus on making money at all. It is pointless. Don't get me wrong, I do make money... but if you were to calculate it out into an hourly wage, I am pretty sure I would be making $3/hour.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)