Firewall: A Visual Puzzle Shmup!

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
An amazing and interesting puzzle game for kids!
  • A puzzle game for those who love Sci-Fi, bright colours and funky music (plays best with headphones)!

Play as a meta-representation of a computer Firewall defending against a Super-Virus attack.

How to play: Tap to Shoot, Shoot the Boss Battleship to reset its Beam Cannon energy charge!

Aim for a high Hit-Streak as well as a great Top Score! Simple to play but hard to master!

Available on Googleplay

My personal best:

Try it out and let me know if there's any performance issues on your devices! Thanks!

• Too boring?

Too Easy/Hard?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi

Had a go on it, think it is quite good

although a little boring i was getting fed up before i got killed

do like the game itself just maybe something else needs adding maybe the ability to destroy the ship not just reduce its charge.

maybe a power up to destroy all the things floating in the middle for a short period

Also it seemed more luck if you hit the ship rather than skill.

• Also it seemed more luck if you hit the ship rather than skill.

Thanks for the feedback!

From my limited testing, it seems half the people find it easy while the other half find it very hard. It seems those who find it hard lack periphery vision and they tend to focus on one or a few objects at a time, while those who find it easy, they look at the entire scene and don't focus on any particular object.

I found this article quite interesting:

"Men have greater sensitivity to fine detail and rapidly moving stimuli, but women are better at discriminating between colors." - http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 221050.htm

So it gave me the idea to make this puzzle game. In its current form, it is heavily favored towards males, becauses while there's lots of pretty colors, you dont actually need to distinguish between the colors.

But I may do an update to enhance the gameplay with differentiating between colors, ie. when the background color change and match a shield, you can fire through the shield of the same color.

I just wanted to make an endless puzzle game, keeping it as simple as possible without throwing in powerups or other "game" elements, it would become too much shmup and not enough focus on puzzle.

Anyway, thank you for playing!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)