Dots Connect for Android - logic puzzle game

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
An amazing and interesting puzzle game for kids!
  • Hi all, I released an app called Dots Connect. It's a bit of a twist on the dot connecting type apps...I didn't want to make just another clone of Flow Free! (Actually, this was inspired by an old PennyDell puzzle)

You must use 1 line to connect all the dots in numerical order. The line must pass through every square, excluding solid colored squares. It starts out easy, but the difficulty increases as you move along the levels. Enjoy

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sgtwombatstudios.dotsconnect

• Nice concept! It looks so interesting that I installed it. Just a question though, are you using Intel XDK? Because 26MB is pretty big for a simple puzzle game.

• Thank you! I appreciate that No, actually I am using cocoon.io. Canvas+ gave me a smaller file size, but it didn't draw to the screen correctly. It drew everything as though I were on a bigger screen, made everything small. When I chose Webview+, everything displayed correctly, but unfortunately it gave me a bigger file size.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Cool game thanks!

How did you integrate the ads?

• Looks interesting, I'll give it a try!

• Cool game thanks!

How did you integrate the ads?

Thank you for checking it out! To integrate the ads, I signed up for Mopub, and then I used the CocoonAds plugin. If you are trying to put ads in your game, let me know if you need more help!

• I have used leadbolt.

First time i created an app with ads...

I will go check Mopub

• Looks interesting, I'll give it a try!

Thank you very much!

I have used leadbolt.

First time i created an app with ads...

I will go check Mopub

Leadbolt looks good...is it pretty good on CPM?

• Thank you! I appreciate that No, actually I am using cocoon.io. Canvas+ gave me a smaller file size, but it didn't draw to the screen correctly. It drew everything as though I were on a bigger screen, made everything small. When I chose Webview+, everything displayed correctly, but unfortunately it gave me a bigger file size.

That's weird. I'm using canvas+ with no issues so far. Not sure how big of an effect it will have, but a smaller apk size might be a little more attractive? I'm not sure if I would be of any help, but I would definitely try. You can tell me your project settings for C2 and settings for Cocoon than I'll take a look see.

• How did you promote your app?

• > Thank you! I appreciate that No, actually I am using cocoon.io. Canvas+ gave me a smaller file size, but it didn't draw to the screen correctly. It drew everything as though I were on a bigger screen, made everything small. When I chose Webview+, everything displayed correctly, but unfortunately it gave me a bigger file size.

>

That's weird. I'm using canvas+ with no issues so far. Not sure how big of an effect it will have, but a smaller apk size might be a little more attractive? I'm not sure if I would be of any help, but I would definitely try. You can tell me your project settings for C2 and settings for Cocoon than I'll take a look see.

I set it to "Scale Outer" in Construct 2. I feel like I tried Scale Inner and it still displayed incorrectly. I don't position my objects in the layouts, I create them runtime and adjust them according to screen width and height. What method do you use?

How did you promote your app?

Well, I just saved some money and used pay per install. The only purpose of this is to move your app up the charts for organic installs. I wouldn't bother doing this with an app that is older than a month. The most important time period is the first 7 days after you release an app. The whole first month is also important.

• Hmm...I've always used letterbox scale with no issues. Creating the objects according to screen width and height shouldn't be the issue, it might have to do with the scaling because I'm sure everyone here creates object midway in games as well and we all use the some method to place them. Give me a day, I'll try and test it out.

• Well, I just saved some money and used pay per install. The only purpose of this is to move your app up the charts for organic installs. I wouldn't bother doing this with an app that is older than a month. The most important time period is the first 7 days after you release an app. The whole first month is also important.

Thats interesting, thanks for sharing. Mind if i ask did you use facebook or some other service? Also was it worth buying installs? Did you make any profit? Thanks and sorry if thats too much questions

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)