CoHack - An Open Source Turn-Based Strategy Game

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A well commented RPG game template to learn from or use as a base for your own game!
  • I'm not quite certain why this is in the 'completed' section, as it's really an incomplete project with several completed 'parts' that other C2 users can take features from if they're willing to dive into the events. If someone can move it to the 'WIP' section that would be more appropriate I think.

I'm just going to go ahead and say I'm not going to be picking this project up anytime in the near future - at least not for a year or so. I'm going to be focusing on working on my online CCG for the next few years. I may return to this project sometime in the future, but it most likely won't be a project continued in C2. I'll rebuild it in something else since I'll probably have a lot more experience in gamedev and programming at that point.

I also want to say this project is probably going to be my final (albeit incomplete) contribution to the C2 community. I'll be modifying my original post to say all art assets included in this project are now free for anyone to use, royalty-free. Note that I will still retain the rights to the name CoHack (and I do own cohack.com).

C2 has been my starting point for gamedev, but after diving into programming I think the possibilities and control are just greater with code than C2's event system. Still, this community has been absolutely wonderful and I have learned a lot. I'm part of a lot of indie dev groups and anytime someone asks how to get started, I direct them to C2. Scirra has created an absolutely wonderful product that is evolving at an amazingly fast rate, and I can't wait to see some high quality commercial games created with this software.

• I'm not quite certain why this is in the 'completed' section, as it's really an incomplete project with several completed 'parts' that other C2 users can take features from if they're willing to dive into the events. If someone can move it to the 'WIP' section that would be more appropriate I think.

I'm just going to go ahead and say I'm not going to be picking this project up anytime in the near future - at least not for a year or so. I'm going to be focusing on working on my online CCG for the next few years. I may return to this project sometime in the future, but it most likely won't be a project continued in C2. I'll rebuild it in something else since I'll probably have a lot more experience in gamedev and programming at that point.

I also want to say this project is probably going to be my final (albeit incomplete) contribution to the C2 community. I'll be modifying my original post to say all art assets included in this project are now free for anyone to use, royalty-free. Note that I will still retain the rights to the name CoHack (and I do own cohack.com).

C2 has been my starting point for gamedev, but after diving into programming I think the possibilities and control are just greater with code than C2's event system. Still, this community has been absolutely wonderful and I have learned a lot. I'm part of a lot of indie dev groups and anytime someone asks how to get started, I direct them to C2. Scirra has created an absolutely wonderful product that is evolving at an amazingly fast rate, and I can't wait to see some high quality commercial games created with this software.

You will be missed, and best of luck. Any other websites projects you busy with - would like to follow your progress overall.

• Thanks for the kind words, DUTOIT

I do have a blog, but really the best way to keep up with actual game development would be to follow my online CCG project, as I tend to post random non-gamedev related things on my blog.

• Excal,

Cool. Just bookmarked blog and following facebook project.

Just trying out your ludlum dare entry - very cool. Nice base (prototype) looks like a worth while project. Will view from the side line as it looks great.

• Just want to post an update - I've decided to pick up this project again, but not in C2. What I said earlier still applies - everything in the .capx in the original post is open source, public domain for anyone to use, learn from, etc.

Ludum Dare 30 is coming up, and I've decided to build a prototype of Cohack as my entry. Like my last ludum dare entry, I'll be using Unity. I'll make the prototype fit the theme somehow, or if the theme is ridiculously different compared to the game mechanics, I'll just submit a working prototype that doesn't fit the theme at all.

I'll post the LD30 entry here after it's submitted. In the meantime, I've been working on a game design document to flesh out the concept of the full game I intended Cohack to be. Check it out here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gQA7GaM9kmP_lD9vEiEbNoVOY2LOnSt82CcJECVeFk4/

Expect more to come in terms of Cohack updates. The new Cohack project isn't in C2, but so much of the project's history is in this thread that it would be a shame not to update here.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Welcome back - sort of - Excal, been following your card game...

Look forward to your ludum dare 30 submission.

• The prototype has been made! Cohack is now reborn as a Unity project.

Play the ludum dare entry here: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-30/?action=preview&uid=21296

The project is also now on social media.

Facebook: http://facebook.com/cohacknightfall

Twitter: http://twitter.com/cohacknightfall

• Very cool. Glad to see it alive - and very very well

Unity3d Working well for you - obviously.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)