Andromo Android Apps with HTML5 Activity

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • Hi All,

Wasn't too sure about the best place to post this so here goes.

I've recently come across www.andromo.com, a web service for building Android apps. They have a range of activities that allow one to add functionality to an app. The HTML Archive activity supports HTML5 archives.

Attached are links to two of the C2 examples that I exported and "built" test apps.

dropbox.com/sh/x4pciuj9wwxo7wk/hgpJtWt0lk

I've tested them on my Huawei S7 Slim tablet and they work, albeit slowly, may just be the single 1Ghz Snapdragon CPU though.

They do have some sticky Ts' & C's though.

Anyone else try out the service?

• Have you tried PhoneGap Build? How does it compare to that?

• They say its free if you get a AdMob publisher account.

Quote:

"You get 50% of the AdMob impressions -- no strings attached -- and we get to make Andromo a free service. It's a win-win proposition for everyone."

They also offer to remove the adds from your app if you want to sell it on the Android Market for $99. I believe this is per app.

Quote:

"That's right. Only $99 to remove all the ads from your app. This is ideal if you want to sell your app on the Android Market. It's also the right choice for business, professional and promotional apps. And it's only $99 during our beta launch (regular $199)."

• Have you tried PhoneGap Build? How does it compare to that?

Nope haven't given PhoneGap a spin yet, so wouldn't be able to comment other than the fact the Andromo's Apps are for the most part cookie cutter wizard based app making, the HTML activity they have is apparently for "advanced users", but its a matter of uploading a zipped export from C2.

I must admit I'm not the most experienced but its an extremely simple process.

Will play some more and report, maybe some peeps here with more advanced skills can give it a go and see how the mobile gaming experience may be enhanced.

• They say its free if you get a AdMob publisher account.

Quote:

"You get 50% of the AdMob impressions -- no strings attached -- and we get to make Andromo a free service. It's a win-win proposition for everyone."

They also offer to remove the adds from your app if you want to sell it on the Android Market for $99. I believe this is per app.

Quote:

"That's right. Only $99 to remove all the ads from your app. This is ideal if you want to sell your app on the Android Market. It's also the right choice for business, professional and promotional apps. And it's only $99 during our beta launch (regular $199)."

The Admob account is only if you want to share 50% of the ad revenue. The andromo forums have had some queries regarding ownership and their official answer appears to be that the content is yours but the packaging is licenced to the app maker. I've read somewhere that in the end user agreement they do state that you agree that they can also sell your app if they wanted (outside of the android market). Based on the licensing it does appear though that they appear to handle all the sticky codec issues (mp3 use etc) but don't quote me on that.

• wrekr

I'll test it soon on my android devices. Also will give a try at this app maker...

If you want to compare it with phonegap as suggested by Ashley, you can check on phonegap's site a tuto to how to make an android app. It's really easy, few configs only ;)

• Cassianno

Thanks. I will try and test some of the other C2 examples.

I'm familiar with the PhoneGap tutorial, just haven't had time to play with it.

Let us know how it goes! Perhaps port ClickDaMeme.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • haha sure xD

Edit:

Tested on my ZTE Light TAB (V9c) with only 600Mhz (overclocked to 725) and it was really slow. The bouncing was slow but 'ok', the particles: 1 or 2 FPS. Fail!

On my Samsung Galaxy Y (with 832mhz processor) the boucing was somehow the same speed of the tablet, maybe a bit faster and the particles: 5-7 FPS, but it was ok to see the animation...

• haha sure xD

Edit:

Tested on my ZTE Light TAB (V9c) with only 600Mhz (overclocked to 725) and it was really slow. The bouncing was slow but 'ok', the particles: 1 or 2 FPS. Fail!

On my Samsung Galaxy Y (with 832mhz processor) the boucing was somehow the same speed of the tablet, maybe a bit faster and the particles: 5-7 FPS, but it was ok to see the animation...

Thanks for the feedback! On my Huawei Ideos S7 Slim I got some decent frames with the bouncing balls and 14 FPS initially for the particle test but that drops after the number of particles increases.

Would be keen to see what happens on the newer dual and quad core mobiles and tablets.

• Yeah, would be really nice to know how good they run :X

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)