Yogo Path-procedurally generated platformer

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your dream action platformer game effortlessly with this template!
  • Edit: 15-12-2016

I’m undecided right now, I don’t know if I release this game as it is, as a procedurally generated platform game, or wait and make a full fledged game with handcrafted levels, and include this as a endless mode of that game… anyway here’s a new video of the current gameplay.

I’ll add some new graphical features to juice it up a little bit

Yogo Path video

Original Post-Hi, finally, I took some time to remake my Ludum Dare entry ” Yogo Path”.

The game was made for LD28, and It was a platformer with procedurally generated levels. Ludum Dare entry

Now the game has only one procedural endless level (like an endless runner), and the backgrounds are procedurally generated too... and I made a new gameplay music.

I didn’t test this fully yet(only on Chrome and on my overpowered PC), so I don’t know if it runs well with all the procedural stuff going on.

I just found one bug that happens for time to time, when the collision checks breaks the game, but I couldn’t fix it yet.

I want to add some extra lights and particles to the game but I need to make sure if all runs well as it is.

I will upload this on itch.io(as a free game), but if you have the time to play it, go for it, and if you find any bugs, please tell me here on the forum.

• Nice concept!

Artwork, and all looks great.

I might suggest some other types of power ups if you have thought of that already.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks newt!

Good idea, I have a lot of other stuff ready to include in the game(like missiles destroying the Path), but I was worried about the performance.

• I’m undecided right now, I don’t know if I release this game as it is, as a procedurally generated platform game, or wait and make a full fledged game with handcrafted levels, and include this as a endless mode of that game… anyway here’s a new video of the current alpha gameplay.

I’ll add some new graphical features to juice it up a little bit

Yogo Path video

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)