The Serene Sky

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Perfect for creating hopeful moments, inspiring moods, thought provoking emotions and more.
  • You should unfreeze shapes in the correct order, so they fall and fit into holes on the ground.

There is no only correct way to play:

As it is a logical game, you can think several steps ahead and solve all puzzles in an unhurried manner.

Otherwise, combine your savvy, intuition and skill to find even more inventive solutions.

Features:

* Original mechanics

* Great atmosphere

* Living world

* Full interactivity

Play:

Kongregate

Download:

Google Play

Screens:

• I really enjoyed this game, and played all 30 levels.

There were a few cases where the shapes didn't reset back to their original positions after a failed attempt, but other than that the levels progressed at an unfrustrating pace, and I never felt the game was unfair.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I did find the stars at the bottom don't really made sense. They seemed to be tied to how many shapes you get correct, but since you have to get all the shapes correct to pass the level, you automatically get all the stars. Maybe if stars were more timer based on how quickly you can solve the puzzle, or how many attempts it takes, then you could have levels where you didn't do so well and only got 1 or 2 stars.

Really good game though, I am quite impressed with the amount of thought that went into the puzzles.

• ryanrybot, hello, and thank you for your comment. Actualy, I haven't yet met the issue with incorrect restart positioning, but I suspect it could have appeared after the last update, so I'll try to fix it next time. About the stars - you are right, and I've been thinking of how to justify them from the very beginning, and after your comment, looks, like the answer is here If you'll have some more ideas, or see some other bugs - I'll really appreciate, if you let me know

• Game updated!

WEB DEMO

What's new:

+ New mechanics on level 10-19

+ Some background interactivity

+ Layout transition (blinds)

+ New font

+ Extra figures are self-destroyed on level 21-28

Plans:

+ Level menu

+ Full background interactivity

• Cool idea, maybe just a few things to polish in the graphics : ] (the dotted line looks cheap especially)

• Cool idea, maybe just a few things to polish in the graphics : ] (the dotted line looks cheap especially)

Thanks for feedback, I'll do something about the line. What else, you think, should be polished?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmm I dunno, the outer edges of the main ice block look very aliased

While on the other end, its inner edges can look very blurry in some levels...

Also I think the moon is out of place, maybe you have instead of a photo an illustration like the rest

• Hmm I dunno, the outer edges of the main ice block look very aliased

While on the other end, its inner edges can look very blurry in some levels...

Also I think the moon is out of place, maybe you have instead of a photo an illustration like the rest

I'll keep it in mind, hope, next version is better, check it in few days (maybe tomorrow). Thanks again

• I think the puzzles are great but if you could add some 'juice' it would make the game really pop.

Effects like screen shake and bigger sound effect when a shape hits the bottom surface, and some kind of effect for when you complete a puzzle, like perhaps some chunky particles and a chime sound effect or something. Don't be afraid to try something extreme. then pull back if you need to. Sometimes the bigger effects are the most satisfying.

Here's an article that might explain more, if you aren't familiar with the juice concept.

http://blog.gameanalytics.com/blog/sque ... esign.html

Also, I forgot to mention that some of your background elements are muddying up your foreground. Sometimes it's hard to read exactly what's what, especially once you start introducing the more transparent shapes.

• ryanrybot, thank you for advices and info I'll try to add some 'juice' , but there's an issue about loud sfx, cuz i don't know, how can volume be varied, depending on impact force. Just making it depend on velocity didn't work well, as some inconspicious impacts sounded way too loud, so I've decided to make just one volume level for all situations.

I'll try what you are saying, and will see, if it works well with the game's atmosphere.

About the background - I'll try to make it darker.

• Game updated!

WEB DEMO

What's new:

+ Visual and sound effects (little shake and louder sfx on big impacts, fireworks at the end of levels, more particles as shapes' traces, and others)

• Nice work, I think the line and the block look nicer now

Still not so sure about the moon, anyway here is some inspiration for you

But yeah with not as much contrast as this illustration, otherwise you still won't be able to differentiate the foreground like Ryan said

• Still not so sure about the moon, anyway here is some inspiration for you

Just changed it a bit in that direction

• Such a sweet little game!

Cleared levels up to 29. There was a steady increase in difficulty.

Music was enchanting. Curious and nocturnal. Very fitting for the ambience of the game.

For the demo you also might want to include a note of when the demo ends so there is no confusion. I was kind of confused when suddenly stage 29 came. No holes in the ice and no puzzle pieces in the air.

Great job here!

• Thanks for feedback, nice to see, you like the game. I thought, basic mechanics would be almost clear after first level, but I guess, few more levels are needed just to understand the idea. "Hook" does this well, so you know how to play in a minute after start.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)