Tasty Escape - Sausage Run (Open Beta)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hi!

We are running our first open beta for our new game "Tasty Escape ". We would love to hear your

first impressions of the game. Every feedback is welcome.

Google Play

Download the game from Google Play

iTunes

Download the game from iTunes

Promo Video

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Used features

• Build with Construct 2 & CocoonIO (CanvasPlus)
    • GameCenter & Google Play Games
    • Inapp Products
    • Ads & Rewarded Ads
    • Player accessories selection
    • Pixel art

Attribution

rexrainbow

In this project I used a lot of plugins by him. He offers a great support and a big variety of awesome addons for C2 / C3.

Used addons are

• MoveTo / MoveToPlatform
    • Board (for accessories selection)
    • RandomGen / Gashapon
    • FSM (very useful!)

The game also uses two great plugins by Toby. Plugins used are

• Level (player levels)
    • Layout Preloader (very very useful, check out the scirra store for this great addon!)

Thank you!

• Happy to hear you found my works useful

I checked out the game, found one super minor issue but still thought you'd like to know.

The price says "8,49 z" while it should be "8,49 zl". I believe that the sprite font width is just too small.

• Happy to hear you found my works useful

I checked out the game, found one super minor issue but still thought you'd like to know.

The price says "8,49 z" while it should be "8,49 zl". I believe that the sprite font width is just too small.

Hi Toby,

thanks for that hint. The problem is that the spritefont doesn't inlcude this char "l".

I'll add it with the next update.

Thanks!

• Hi AndreasR

Congrats for your new Game

I thought to give you a hand testing it and I will leave you some things to look at that I found strange it may be bugs or may not:

1-I see that you have some solid obstacles that block the player if he doesn't avoid them by Jumping and they meant to push back the player. but about 70% I managed to get through them by just keep typing the screen, what I mean is every time I got stuck in one of these obstacles they started to push me back for a short but because I keep typing the screen to jump at some point the pushback solids it gets inverted and they push me to the front managing to get away from those obstacles like if they are none solids, even I managed to get through the Microwebs many times so I think you have a problem there unless you did it specifically to work like that, in that case, forget what I said.

2-If you get pushback to the back Edge of the screen were is the black bar where it suppose to be like the player loses the game, a lot of times it pass that black bar enough that you can't see the player anymore but the player is still running so basically is like I should have lost and the Game should be restarted but it doesn't I'm still in the Game jumping until sometimes I get to see the player Again and sometimes not till I lose.

3-This one is not a bug but I was curious because I tried to the same thing for many attempts but I couldn't as I'm not sure how it happened, it happened once though. I think it was the first attempts I played the Game suddenly I teleported to a different level where I was flying up with a rocket and you could go just left or right to avoid the spikes, but I remember to go to that level I dind hit anything that triggered to go there like any (sign or Icon) of a bonus hiding level or something like that while I was Running, I was curious because after that I was trying to go that level of the Rocket again looking for any signs or icons to hit while Running, but I didn't see any and I did tried many times. And it was even more strange because when I was on that Rocket Level and died many times but It restarted straight on that Rocket Level again every time I died until I thought to look around on the Menu and all that stuff to see what else you have on the App, so after when I tried to play again it just when back to the running Level every time and I looked and looked to hit any icon to go to the Rocket Level while running but not luck jeje, so I thought maybe just to let you know just in case.

Sorry for long post I hope you don't take it wrongly I'm just trying to help let me know if you have any questions

• your game is not compatible with my mobile "Huawei LYO L21" and its a new one...

http://www.gsmchoice.com/en/catalogue/huawei/y6iicompactdualsim/Huawei-Y6-II-Compact-Dual-SIM.html

• Hi AndreasR

Congrats for your new Game

I thought to give you a hand testing it and I will leave you some things to look at that I found strange it may be bugs or may not:

1-I see that you have some solid obstacles that block the player if he doesn't avoid them by Jumping and they meant to push back the player. but about 70% I managed to get through them by just keep typing the screen, what I mean is every time I got stuck in one of these obstacles they started to push me back for a short but because I keep typing the screen to jump at some point the pushback solids it gets inverted and they push me to the front managing to get away from those obstacles like if they are none solids, even I managed to get through the Microwebs many times so I think you have a problem there unless you did it specifically to work like that, in that case, forget what I said.

2-If you get pushback to the back Edge of the screen were is the black bar where it suppose to be like the player loses the game, a lot of times it pass that black bar enough that you can't see the player anymore but the player is still running so basically is like I should have lost and the Game should be restarted but it doesn't I'm still in the Game jumping until sometimes I get to see the player Again and sometimes not till I lose.

3-This one is not a bug but I was curious because I tried to the same thing for many attempts but I couldn't as I'm not sure how it happened, it happened once though. I think it was the first attempts I played the Game suddenly I teleported to a different level where I was flying up with a rocket and you could go just left or right to avoid the spikes, but I remember to go to that level I dind hit anything that triggered to go there like any (sign or Icon) of a bonus hiding level or something like that while I was Running, I was curious because after that I was trying to go that level of the Rocket again looking for any signs or icons to hit while Running, but I didn't see any and I did tried many times. And it was even more strange because when I was on that Rocket Level and died many times but It restarted straight on that Rocket Level again every time I died until I thought to look around on the Menu and all that stuff to see what else you have on the App, so after when I tried to play again it just when back to the running Level every time and I looked and looked to hit any icon to go to the Rocket Level while running but not luck jeje, so I thought maybe just to let you know just in case.

Sorry for long post I hope you don't take it wrongly I'm just trying to help let me know if you have any questions

Hi tarek2

thank you very much for your detailed report. I'm thankful for your help!

1) You are right. That's actually a known and already fixed bug (at least hopefully fixed). The issue was that the bullet speed was too high so that the solid object

just flew through the player. I changed that, so that the player doesn't get stuck on frontal collison. He just loses a life and starts flashing (indestructable mode).

If he lands on the obstacle, he will not get hurt at all.

2) Should also be fixed with the upcoming version, thanks for letting me know!

This mostly depends on the screen ratio of your device, so I haven't had this issue on my iphone.

3) There are portals in the game bringing you to a diffrent world. In total there are 3 diffrent worlds at the moment.

• Running
    • Space
    • Jetpack

However to change the level you must collide with a portal. But I changed it a little bit for the upcoming version, so please try again in that version.

Like you said, once you leave the game, it will starts from the kitchen again. But maybe I change it, so that you also start from the kitchen (running) level when you died in another world.

I hopefully can release an update this weekend. It will include a lot of bug fixes and some new features. I'll post the changelog here once it is ready.

Thanks for your support!

Regards

Andy

• your game is not compatible with my mobile "Huawei LYO L21" and its a new one...

http://www.gsmchoice.com/en/catalogue/huawei/y6iicompactdualsim/Huawei-Y6-II-Compact-Dual-SIM.html

Hi,

thanks for that info. What actual issue do you get?

Can you download it but not start?

Some further information would be very helpful!

Thank you

• nope i cant download it the message is simple:

This is an unreleased app. It may be unstable.

This app is incompatible with your device.

• nope i cant download it the message is simple:

This is an unreleased app. It may be unstable.

This app is incompatible with your device.

Hi,

thanks for your update. The only limitation set is the android SDK version.

We target the SDK version 21, what is Android 5.0.

If your device runs an older Android version, you cannot download the game.

What Android version does your phone have?

Regards

Andy

• AndreasR

YW mate Glad to help.

Grate that you fixing it looking great

I give it another go today to check the updates and here is my second report

Ho yeah I forgot to mention the most important, the Device that I tested it on is

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T585 16GB Black, 10.1

So I went ahead and tested it on today and I have to say is so funny the Game as is unpredictable on which Level you will start, you see this time the first attempt to Play I hit the Play button and it started in a new Level that I didn't see it before, is the Space surfing in Board and it looks really cool I really like this Level my favorite so far, So here is some things that I noticed:

1-Any Level you play at the first time the Music works but if you die just once and restarts in the same Level the Music will not work again, and this happens in all the Levels (space, rocket, and The Runner)

2-On Menu when you hit the button Play it choose random Level, so you never know in which Level you will end up is like surprise is nice but maybe you didn't programmed do that, I mention it just in case

3-On Menu the same, the first time you will hear Music but after you die and came back to the menu it wouldn't work most of the times

4-Another thing I noticed is on the cocoon screen it flicks very quickly like is trying to display two things at the same time and then corrects himself to the coocoon screen, this is happening very quickly so unless you press attention you wouldn't see it, is like a littel conflict there

5-[quote:rsam5m1q]I changed that so that the player doesn't get stuck on frontal collison. He just loses a life and starts flashing (indestructable mode).

If you mean that when it gets push from the front of the obstacle loses the life then it doesn't happen at all on my side I test it on both tablet and phone unless I miss understood something there are no life taken on my side, also is a mix, sometimes it will push the Player back to the end and sometimes the player it will flash and get through but no life taken

6-This is not a bug but I feel like a lot of times after the player jumps on (Runner Level) it gets push back to much to the back and you cant keep up, is like once you are at the back nearly touching the Left edge that's it there is no way that you can catch up to the front doesn't matter how good you jump or control the player after and I think this it will explain this:

[quote:rsam5m1q]2) Should also be fixed with the upcoming version, thanks for letting me know!

This mostly depends on the screen ratio of your device, so I haven't had this issue on my iphone.

I still get this happening on both the phone and Tablet

=============================================

The Runner Level it feels much better since the first time that I played when you Jump, Im not sure if you fixed the Gravity but it works much better as it dosnt fly back when it jumps now

Other than that it looks Grate the Game AndreasR keep it up, wish you Good luck, Sorry to be the annoying guy but I think is worth for you to know all these things jeje

All those points happened on both Table and Phone

Devices Tested on:

Phone: Samsung galaxy s8

• well all the infos about my mobile are on the link i provided:

runs on android 5.1

https://developer.android.com/about/ver ... d-5.1.html

well don't worry, im going to play others games from the playstore.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • AndreasR

YW mate Glad to help.

Grate that you fixing it looking great

I give it another go today to check the updates and here is my second report

Ho yeah I forgot to mention the most important, the Device that I tested it on is

So I went ahead and tested it on today and I have to say is so funny the Game as is unpredictable on which Level you will start, you see this time the first attempt to Play I hit the Play button and it started in a new Level that I didn't see it before, is the Space surfing in Board and it looks really cool I really like this Level my favorite so far, So here is some things that I noticed:

1-Any Level you play at the first time the Music works but if you die just once and restarts in the same Level the Music will not work again, and this happens in all the Levels (space, rocket, and The Runner)

2-On Menu when you hit the button Play it choose random Level, so you never know in which Level you will end up is like surprise is nice but maybe you didn't programmed do that, I mention it just in case

3-On Menu the same, the first time you will hear Music but after you die and came back to the menu it wouldn't work most of the times

4-Another thing I noticed is on the cocoon screen it flicks very quickly like is trying to display two things at the same time and then corrects himself to the coocoon screen, this is happening very quickly so unless you press attention you wouldn't see it, is like a littel conflict there

5-[quote:oqsr0205]I changed that so that the player doesn't get stuck on frontal collison. He just loses a life and starts flashing (indestructable mode).

If you mean that when it gets push from the front of the obstacle loses the life then it doesn't happen at all on my side I test it on both tablet and phone unless I miss understood something there are no life taken on my side, also is a mix, sometimes it will push the Player back to the end and sometimes the player it will flash and get through but no life taken

6-This is not a bug but I feel like a lot of times after the player jumps on (Runner Level) it gets push back to much to the back and you cant keep up, is like once you are at the back nearly touching the Left edge that's it there is no way that you can catch up to the front doesn't matter how good you jump or control the player after and I think this it will explain this:

[quote:oqsr0205]2) Should also be fixed with the upcoming version, thanks for letting me know!

I still get this happening on both the phone and Tablet

=============================================

The Runner Level it feels much better since the first time that I played when you Jump, Im not sure if you fixed the Gravity but it works much better as it dosnt fly back when it jumps now

Other than that it looks Grate the Game AndreasR keep it up, wish you Good luck, Sorry to be the annoying guy but I think is worth for you to know all these things jeje

All those points happened on both Table and Phone

Devices Tested on:

Phone: Samsung galaxy s8

Hi tarek2

The update isn't live yet, so you played the same version

However you found some new bugs, which I will fix with the upcoming update.

I'll release it tomorrow, hopefully

Yes it was meant to be that the level starts randomly, however I changed that now. So it starts in the kitchen every time. I'm not sure what's better though.

I personally like the random level choosing on start, however some users reported that the would love to start in the same level.

Thanks for your help, it's highly appreciated!

Regards

Andy

• [quote:3j1ui7ji]

The update isn't live yet, so you played the same version

, cool then.

[quote:3j1ui7ji]

however I changed that now. So it starts in the kitchen every time. I'm not sure what's better though.

I think there is nothing wrong with that however, it may confuse people playing the Game and may end up thinking that the Game is buggy like me, but now that I know it meant to be that way it doesn't bother me, the best bet it will be to start from Kitchen if the pass that level Unlock the next one, so even if they die again they will have both levels to chose from, this way you give them a choice because there will be people that like one level and other people will like the other level or maybe both, either way, they can choose their selfs what they like and every one happy I guess

Take care

• New version is out for beta testers! Soon the iOS version will be ready for downloading.

Download: Google Play (open beta)

v1.0.17

Fixes:

• Accessories didn't flash when player was flashing
    • Portal on jetpack level was jumping
    • Player disappeared at left side on kitchen level, but game was still running

Changes:

• Banner ads limited to menu now
    • Time for flashing doubled (time where player cannot be hurt)
    • GameOver sound removed
    • Removed random level starts, now always starts at the kitchen
    • Revamped space level compeletly

Thanks for testing and playing it

• New update is on upload! Check out what's new.

Download: Google Play

iOS Version is in review and available soon!

v1.0.18

Fixes:

• Settings didn't load on menu
    • Player moved forward on jump
    • Fixed swipe mechanisum for the accessories
    • Player got hurt at the jetpack level even when flashing
    • Fixed parachute landing after second chances

Changes:

• Random genarator for level changing adjusted
    • UI moved up

New:

• Halloween stuff for your sausage
    • Tutorial for the shield added
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)