StuffGEN - object maker, made with C2

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Turn your photos from your phone or home computer into a jigsaw puzzle
  • TiAm LOL I'll let you come up with that one!

In the mean time, here's a robot character that I sketched out in the mid 90's (and yes, it actually DID look almost exactly like this on paper lol).

[attachment=0:pc303b0a][/attachment:pc303b0a]

Somebody I don't blame you, I would probably do the same thing!

• I haven't decided if I want to make this into a completed game yet or not, but I put this together this with StuffGen.

[attachment=1:orbehlxt][/attachment:orbehlxt]

[attachment=0:orbehlxt][/attachment:orbehlxt]

• Good software, congratulations

• Just a tip for the people who are getting artifacts in their images. As a workaround until that's fixed, you can make a background that covers the entire canvas using the flat square and send it to the back. Then use the same flat square objects in the same background color to cover up the artifacts (it's helpful to use the smallest size grid for this). If you want a transparent background then use an outlandish color and remove the color from alpha using photoshop or gimp or whatever.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I put together this optical illusion with StuffGen based on a picture I saw on the internet. I think I may have damaged my eyes making this one...

[attachment=0:yyk0o108][/attachment:yyk0o108]

• Somebody

When is the new UI u showed us coming online?

And automatic updating (browser object) would be great. (dont want to delete my browser data etc)

• And a scale/size indicator would be nice (128,256 etc)

• When is the new UI u showed us coming online?

Soon, I hope, about to implement Undo today and have Zordering planned out. I could put an in-between version out now, but the save model will change at least one more time so it'll probably bring more tears than joy

Also there's a plan to change even that "new" interface a bit to behave more like an actual interface (palettes over a free field)

Besides that I still need to draw some new parts that have been sketched so it's taking a little time.

I haven't decided if I want to make this into a completed game yet or not, but I put this together this with StuffGen.

This is great, and would be a snap to implement in C2. You are getting better and better at this.

I put together this optical illusion with StuffGen based on a picture I saw on the internet. I think I may have damaged my eyes making this one...

It's OW!some

The ugly sprite problem should be a thing of the past, hopefully, with the latest version as I have been exporting everything at the recommended 254x254px and now there's a way to export your creations at twice the resolution for later downsampling.

• Awesome, I can't wait to try out the new version!

• Basic design of my hover tank (redesigning my Oh Crab! Game)

[attachment=0:l9f29hy0][/attachment:l9f29hy0]

Are the "artifacts" also a thing of the past? (maybe u already mentioned this)

Suggestion: Design Name

If we can insert a design name then we get a nice "name".json & "name".png

Makes it a blast to store our files easy.

• Savvy001 That's cool, I wouldn't have thought of making a hover craft.

Yes, he stated that the artificts issue should be going away in the next build.

Good idea on the suggestion, by the way.

• Suggestion: Design Name

If we can insert a design name then we get a nice "name".json & "name".png

Makes it a blast to store our files easy.

I have been reading about the way text rendering badly impacts performance + native controls tend to really mess up the overall look with their different sizing, etc. So I have this "thing" about not using any controls/text objects. My current plan is to store the name (if it's possible) the first time you save something and then later on it would use that name by default. So it would be easier at least. Will look into a name field or button that calls a popup or such.

Btw in this next version the files are neatly .sgen and not .json and there's also a helper app PalGen that makes .pgen files which can be loaded as palettes.

I wonder if a nodekit export can be associated with a file and process open requests... we'll see.

In other good news the Undo system should be basically limitless and offer full undo/redo for the entire session. All thanks to rex's cool plugin and some research.

Also on the long future todo list as a "Shadow" option that would basically paste the current image down below the design, make it black and blur it (adjustably). So you could add small shadows to, say, tanks, and larger, more blurred ones to floating things like the neat hovertank you made.

• Burvey

Thanx!

HoverTanks fit my game perfect.

Nice to know the artifacts are going to the trashcan

• Somebody

Rex is amazing!

someone should build a game about him, T-rex rainbow adventure or something lol

Are the .pgen files for color palettes or "shape" palettes (would be nice to start a stuffgen shape community)

• Colors for now, parts are a bit trickier - for now all I can think of is a custom part set that let's you load an image which is then split into usable parts. Once again - in the future...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)