Steam squad - Tactical / breach and clear / top-down

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • chrome last version,

i tried to move the mouse, use the keyboard for moving the sprites or the lights but nothing worked so i tried too with the gamepad but nothing changed..

• chrome last version,

i tried to move the mouse, use the keyboard for moving the sprites or the lights but nothing worked so i tried too with the gamepad but nothing changed..

Well keep in mind its a work in progress, but it still seems to me that you have not read the keys for the game, so let me just paste you the keys for the game here too. If you still cannot make it to work, then after having done what the game needs you to do, then I will just make a note of it and you can try it at a later stage in the development:

[Others]

1-5 : Select units

[Change mode]

Space : Changes the mode between RTS and BREACH

[Breach Mode]

Left mouse : Set waypoint

Left mouse : Set angle which the unit will looks towards, while moving there and active the waypoint. (enables you to set the next waypoint)

F : Execute set commands! (game will play out the commands you have set)

[RTS Mode]

Left mouse : Move selected unit to mouse

HOLD right mouse : Selected unit will look towards the mouse

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Very few games that are posted in this forum really gets me exited. Yours is one of them. Your creation has got loads of potential. Keep up the great work and I hope that you see it to completion. Good luck.

• Very few games that are posted in this forum really gets me exited. Yours is one of them. Your creation has got loads of potential. Keep up the great work and I hope that you see it to completion. Good luck.

That makes me very happy to hear always motivating when people cheer you on. I shall continue working on it slowly but steady ^^

What about my game do you like? and what potentials do you see?

• If you can nail the game play mechanics of your game, then I can see it as "Darkwood" on steroids. Your game already has the ambiance of suspense built in to it. I'm fantasizing your game as a tactical based equivalent of "Darkwood". Adding the story and exploration elements to your game and you've got yourself a winner. Yeah, I would buy it on Steam.

Disclaimer: I am not a gaming expert and all of these are just my honest opinions. But I am loving your game so far.

• Most of the things you have pointed out where fixed on today stream session and a new version will be uploaded shortly

Wow, that was fast! Pretty much like how I imagined it Maybe like targets in practice shooting or turrets or something that don't need complex AI?

Gameplay loop will be a little more vast then that, and im currently working on the story (which have been updated today) which explains what the goal of the game will be, but more story will be added later on.

Tbh, I usually don't focus that much on the story when I play games, but sounds pretty cool, a little like metal gear? What I was thinking when I wrote gameplay loop was more like how combat would work, like in frozen synapse or XCom, or more rts like, like in starcraft 2s hero missions?

• If you can nail the game play mechanics of your game, then I can see it as "Darkwood" on steroids. Your game already has the ambiance of suspense built in to it. I'm fantasizing your game as a tactical based equivalent of "Darkwood". Adding the story and exploration elements to your game and you've got yourself a winner. Yeah, I would buy it on Steam.

Disclaimer: I am not a gaming expert and all of these are just my honest opinions. But I am loving your game so far.

Hey

I took a look at that game, since I did not know anything about it thanks for sharing it.

And I will prob. add more to the story etc. soon, so people know more about the direction I wanna take this game at a later stage. ^^

• Wow, that was fast! Pretty much like how I imagined it Maybe like targets in practice shooting or turrets or something that don't need complex AI?

Tbh, I usually don't focus that much on the story when I play games, but sounds pretty cool, a little like metal gear? What I was thinking when I wrote gameplay loop was more like how combat would work, like in frozen synapse or XCom, or more rts like, like in starcraft 2s hero missions?

Hehe well it currently a big focus point for me to make the WHOLE mechanic and visual looks of the [waypoint] system more complete and give the players a intuative feeling right from the start. So that are being worked on the entire week

I never really played much metal gear tbh. But here is the current draft for gameplay:

3 game modes :

RTS

Free movement of your units - move + look

BREACH

Set up tactical waypoints before breaching a room

EXECUTE

See the tactical combat get played out on screen.

The entire facility (where the game take place) are divided into several zones, which are guarded by a commander and taking him out will weaken the will of the remainder of his troops, that could cause the to flee to another zone and make it stronger.

You can find schematics for weapons in the facility and maybe build them? who knows.

Each unit will have a special command - the units are : Commander/heavy/engineer/soldier/medic

Maybe there will even be robots you can get into and walk around? who knows.

-----------------

But yeah there are still alot more for me to figure out etc. I like it !

• I have also added some very dumb turret enemies, but only so people have something to shoot at (they cannot die atm.) - also the bullets can riochet off buldings, just because it looks cool

Cool

But yeah there are still a lot more for me to figure out etc. I like it !

Yeah, it depends a lot on personal taste, if you plan the project before you code anything or decide things while you make it. I would say that I prefer to make some small in the start, make it playable fast and then expand on the core depending on what turned out to be interesting. Ex the project I'm working on now, Meta Ray, is based a lot on the creative common art I find, and then add mechanics based on that.

I hope it gives you a bit better insight in what are gonna happen in the game, but please keep asking questions I like it !

Nothing more right now, good luck with your project

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)