Slappy Burd 0.09 (POLISHED) UPDATED September 5th

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Pack of illustrator graphic styles. Make your own logos, game titles, or anything you want.
  • BTW, does anyone know why the number of downloads is showing for me on the Google Play store? I checked the page on my phone and it shows 0+ downloads, but I know for a fact at least 5 people have downloaded and played it. The number of downloads doesn't even show at all when the page is viewed on my desktop pc..

• now it worked out better, old record was 30 with the old controls xD

[attachment=0:2mav3j2j][/attachment:2mav3j2j]

• Everade Damn you! You beat my best by 1 point! I can't be having that now! ;p In my defence, my best was on my samsung S3 which is a little harder

• pic or didn't happen xD

• haha Would a pic prove anything when I could easily do..

"Set PlayerScore to 100000"

and if I had a time machine I'd do a video to prove my 81seconds ;p

• Updated main post! Will post the update here so you don't have to go all the way back..

NEW v0.09

Slappy Burd 0.09

• Fixed a couple of bugs
    • Polished it quite a (thanks to LiteTween - such an awesome plugin - THANKS LUNARRAY!)
    • Added the kilt move (I was going to leave this for the premium Android version - which is why the previous HTML5 version didn't include it)
    • Added a quit button (well... surrender flag on the main menu ;p)

The way I had the kilt move before, was when the player beat the hiscore, it was activated.. it's basically an extra life.. is this better than just having it activated at the beginning of every game?

• On android your game is too difficult. I can't look trough my thumbs. Birds fly too fast, no time to react.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's weird : S

• JamesXXXYZ It takes a little getting used to. I have a samsung S3 and it has touch sensitive buttons right on the edge.. if I can play it on that, then anyone can ;p There's a tutorial mode on the main menu where the birds fly a bit slower. The trick is to ake your thumbs off the screen. Believe me, it works better

hahah yes.. it is :}

Thanks for checking it out!

• Really nice! love the artwork!

• EXPFall thanks I'm not happy with the artwork at all. Not really sure why I chose to do pixelled at that size. This game was done for a variety of reasons..

1) finally finish a game and release on google play (really wanted to learn the process of this)

2) have fun learning Spriter finally (and it worked :} ) although I should've cleaned up the pixels..

3) since I was sick of seeing Flappy Bird clones EVERYWHERE.. I needed a way to vent.. :}

Thanks for trying it!

• Was the export ok? I was going to export my game to Android Tomorrow but was worried how it works haha.

• EXPFall yeah the export went fine. I used cocoonjs because of the handy launcher app on my phone. So if it performed well in that, then it was going to be fine when I finally exported it.

There's a nice tutorial on here - cocoonjs tutorial. Not sure how useful it is now.. did scirra even enable cocoonjs support again? I haven't looked. As for cordova or something, I'd look into the tutorials. It always looks a lengthy complicated process, but once you do it once, it's just routine to do it again.

Hope it all works out for you

• EXPFall yeah the export went fine. I used cocoonjs because of the handy launcher app on my phone. So if it performed well in that, then it was going to be fine when I finally exported it.

There's a nice tutorial on here - cocoonjs tutorial. Not sure how useful it is now.. did scirra even enable cocoonjs support again? I haven't looked. As for cordova or something, I'd look into the tutorials. It always looks a lengthy complicated process, but once you do it once, it's just routine to do it again.

Hope it all works out for you

Thanks Pro appreciate it

• If you follow that tutorial... READ THE COMMENTS too. There's a few corrections there. Good luck man!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)