Roguelike Dungeon Crawler

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
professionally animated character with Brashmonkey Spriter !
  • So I'm making a roguelike dungeon crawler, I got the generation done, working on enemies, attacking, classes, items, XP.

I'm looking for a pixel artist to do the art and animation for the game so If you are interested write something in the comments

Pics

Generation

• Looks like a good start! As someone working on a world generation project at the moment I'd love to learn more about how you went about doing yours?

Also personal taste thing here, try a closer in camera.

I always like my roguelikes to be close up so I'm more on edge about whats coming up.

• Looks like a good start! As someone working on a world generation project at the moment I'd love to learn more about how you went about doing yours?

Also personal taste thing here, try a closer in camera.

I always like my roguelikes to be close up so I'm more on edge about whats coming up.

I did mine without arrays , just with a room object what has 4 image points( Up, Down, Left Right). Every room on created creates another room on random image points, it does that until there is 30 rooms verticaly

• Nice! Does the downwards-ness of the levels play into the game mechanics at all? Or pure aesthetic?

• Nice! Does the downwards-ness of the levels play into the game mechanics at all? Or pure aesthetic?

Yeah, the more you go down the dungeon the harder it gets

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I love pixel art, but what you've made is too simple.

I hope the screen will not be so empty, yep?

• I love pixel art, but what you've made is too simple.

I hope the screen will not be so empty, yep?

Yeah it's very early in development

• I agree with KeeghanM, a closer in camera would be better for gameplay.

• Hi Domse65,

I'm working on a Dungeon crawler/Roguelike game too, so I thought maybe we can help each other on games mechanics.

What do you think about it?

• Hi Domse65,

I'm working on a Dungeon crawler/Roguelike game too, so I thought maybe we can help each other on games mechanics.

What do you think about it?

Yeah we could

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)