Robot Rumble - Play Now on AirConsole!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A complete set of graphical user interface (GUI) to build 2D video games. Suitable for action and shooter games
  • stefanos,

Although I agree that it would be awesome to have 3D in C3, I don't think questions like this that are designed to elicit an angry response are helping our case.

Ashley and Tom have been pretty clear that they are trying to keep the scope of this project manageable. You and I have both being using the C2 for a long time, and we need to respect their decision to not risk breaking C3 by promising features that they can't immediately deliver.

• stefanos,

Although I agree that it would be awesome to have 3D in C3, I don't think questions like this that are designed to elicit an angry response are helping our case.

Ashley and Tom have been pretty clear that they are trying to keep the scope of this project manageable. You and I have both being using the C2 for a long time, and we need to respect their decision to not risk breaking C3 by promising features that they can't immediately deliver.

I was probably too emotional i don't want to sound rude. But still, I want to know what are they thinking for C3. From what I read on the forums most of the"veterans" seem disappointed. Cause I assume they love C2 and they would happily love C3 if there is a purpose of its existence. I don't believe everyone is a 13 year old who cant understand whats feasible and whats not. But people like me are disappointment (I believe) because Scirra spend so much time on features nobody really needed that much (with some exceptions).

I just want to clearly understand their view. I respect their work and time and I love C2 for what it is. But If C3 inst what many of us dreamed to be at least open all the doors so we can create/mod it ourselves.

• There is no need to mention 3D, guys just forget about it.

They committed a long time ago that the software will only be designed for 2D creations.

Best thing to do is use a gamdev engine that is designed for 3D.

• There isn't any reason that a third-party developer couldn't create a set of 3D add-ons for C3. It looks like X3M isn't interested in porting Babylon unless/until there exists a capability to render 3D in the layout editor. I haven't heard back from QuaziGNRLnose about Q3D, but I know that he put years into its development, and I totally get why he would be reluctant to redo all of his work for C3.

In order for the 3D add-ons to happen for C3, they will need to come from someone in the community...

the prospect of making them myself is really, really, really daunting...

...it would take years, and I don't think my family would like the idea too much.

ugh.

• Robot Rumble has officially launched on AirConsole! It is currently featured in the Arcade/Party Games section:

http://www.airconsole.com/#!play=com.nerdislandstudios.robotrumble

• cjbruce Congrats ! Did you put ads on it ? Or is it a hero exclusive game ?

• X3M

We used the ads API. Since the game was made by students with no ability to buy stuff online, hero-exclusive would have precluded them from being able to play it.

• cjbruce congrats on your launch! game plays very solid but damn the AI is tough! lol Hopefully i get to launch mines before the year is up

• ishmaelmoreno, Thank you!

The CPU robots regularly kick my butt, and I have been playing against them for weeks now. I recently beat 7 CPU opponents, and I was super proud of myself.

It is way easier to earn stars against friends -- and intimidating going up against people with all seven stars.

How close are you guys to ready to launch? I'm looking forward to playing your game!

• cjbruce would have to test with friends some time and thank you for the enthusiasm!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • . cjbruce, X3M

[quote:m13d5w7c]New features ahoy!

Once the architectural work is done and projects are able to be ported, we'll have a much faster and better base to build major new features on top of. We're keen to address many long-standing requests with the new runtime. Some of the new features we'd like to build on it include:

Modular event features, aimed at capabilities like building plugins out of events

Advanced rendering features like mesh distortion

Rudimentary 3D capabilities like adjusting the Z height of a sprite, and exposing more capabilities to the SDK

Sub-layers for advanced lighting and blending effects

Sub-layouts for embedding other layouts, creating split-screen views and more

Redesigned first-class support for functions

A built-in color filter feature similar to what we had back in Construct Classic

A set of new plugins ranging from custom drawing canvases to integrating HTML content

Add lots of long-standing plugin requests like rotatable 9-patches, scale and rotate Tiled Background image, and more

Even more ideas in future!

I'm not sure exactly what this means, but this seems to me like.. "I would love to help you out so u can make 3D plugins or whatever but this isn't at all my priority right now" which seems fair enough

• . cjbruce, X3M

[quote:gw9gii75]New features ahoy!

Once the architectural work is done and projects are able to be ported, we'll have a much faster and better base to build major new features on top of. We're keen to address many long-standing requests with the new runtime. Some of the new features we'd like to build on it include:

Modular event features, aimed at capabilities like building plugins out of events

Advanced rendering features like mesh distortion

Rudimentary 3D capabilities like adjusting the Z height of a sprite, and exposing more capabilities to the SDK

Sub-layers for advanced lighting and blending effects

Sub-layouts for embedding other layouts, creating split-screen views and more

Redesigned first-class support for functions

A built-in color filter feature similar to what we had back in Construct Classic

A set of new plugins ranging from custom drawing canvases to integrating HTML content

Add lots of long-standing plugin requests like rotatable 9-patches, scale and rotate Tiled Background image, and more

Even more ideas in future!

I'm not sure exactly what this means, but this seems to me like.. "I would love to help you out so u can make 3D plugins or whatever but this isn't at all my priority right now" which seems fair enough

stefanos,

I saw this one too, and it was definitely encouraging.

As long as we maintain the 3D capabilities (via plugin) that currently exist in C2 in C3, I will be happy. That means porting over the plugins, but it is all part of the process. By the time the plugins are ported, they might have z-ordering in place, which (I think) will be a big step toward a proper 3D editor.

For now, I'm working with an artist who is laying everything out in Unity 3D. Once the scenes are laid out, we will port everything over to either Q3D or B3D. Even with plugins, I don't know if C3 will ever get to be as feature-complete as Unity, but all we would really need is a rudimentary 3D visualizer in the C3 editor to turn C3 into a super-fast 3D development tool.

Baby steps!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)