[PRE-ALPHA] Horror Space Exploration Adventure Game

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Is a system for building scorecards and achievements online for use in games Using this system, you can create a scorebo
  • A really good work with layers and FX, this thread must be followed ^^

• A really good work with layers and FX, this thread must be followed ^^

Oh I'm just getting warmed up. This is like 3rd week in Dev. Lots of work to do a head of me. Thank you Mad =)

• I'm curious to see how you will add mobs and random event in your game in a teaser soon ^^

• I'm curious to see how you will add mobs and random event in your game in a teaser soon ^^

A hint. Remember a game called Spore...? Remember its Bacteria Stage? Take that and expand. I mean, really, go wild. Create a real, living ecosystem. Where big creatures eats the small, when predators hunt in packs, where dead carcass is being "purged" by small swarm of creatures.

I want the player to feel like he had been dropped into small alien jungle. Full of beauty... a horrors.

• I remember spore. Interesting choice ^^

• I remember spore. Interesting choice ^^

1st goal is:

I want the gameworld to feel alive. Not like "weaved to suit the player". Because that kills the immersion. When the game is constantly reminding you that you are the main hero. No. I want the player to feel like nothing but a small dot, on a canvas busting with alien colors. I want the player to feel like a part of the game, not its main source of momentum.

2nd goal is:

Storytelling. Sandboxy as it is - there are a lot of random events and encounters. Much more than you will be able to see in one run. A story and journey to understand this otherworldly dimension. And finding your way out in one piece.

• Grymligast you wanted to see more? :3

PrinceofMars that "soon" is heeereeeee!

• I'm in Australia bud

Can't wait to see how the enemies look... and how the world shapes up.

~Sol

• I'm in Australia bud

Can't wait to see how the enemies look... and how the world shapes up.

~Sol

Oooh! Well then, THAT tells a lot in case of time zone difference hah! We are like on the opposite sides of the planet.

About the enemies - I prefer to call them Creatures, or Entities. They are like interdimensional animals. They areneither good or bad. Just sometimes stuffed, and something hungry

• Grymligast you wanted to see more? :3

PrinceofMars that "soon" is heeereeeee!

Video is brilliant. Great atmospherics and the use of effects make it somewhat claustrophobic, gives quite an uneasy feeling.

Playing this at night with headphones on is going to be fun

• > Grymligast you wanted to see more? :3

> PrinceofMars that "soon" is heeereeeee!

>

Video is brilliant. Great atmospherics and the use of effects make it somewhat claustrophobic, gives quite an uneasy feeling.

Playing this at night with headphones on is going to be fun

Yay! Thx mate And I plan to put on a info sign at the beginning of the game that its advices to used headphones when playing. Specially as I want to experiment with the sound panning left and right and such.

• Also... Guys. I have a request. For some reason my Teaser Trailer at Newgrounds, got stuck in "Under Judgment" :\ Which is both weird and funny, remembering how my trailer of Zit Storm went right in lol.

Could you perhaps pay me a visit there and leave a vote? Of course, vote with your heart.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/677550

• Lets play a game

Its not a secret I take my inspiration from various sources, when developing my current, mysterious Space Horror. One of them, the main one is previously mentioned Event Horizon movie. But its only one of many. Another major one is...

...can you guess what this is from?

(click to enlarge)

• Looks like a BORG Cube

~Sol

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Looks like a BORG Cube

~Sol

Clooooseee.... :3

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)