Pixel Shock

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Per Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (perfect performance, no third party plugins)
  • Pixel Shock is a top down horror, action game taking HEAVY influences from Teleglitch and System shock it was created with the Top-Down CGA Shooter template made by Cédric Ricci I have not been working on this long but I wanted to show off what I had created. Since I have only been working on this for a short period of time nothing about the game design is set in stone I might include puzzles like hacking doors or I might just make is a plain action exploration game if you have any ideas feel free to post them in the thread.

Also, if anyone is familiar with my other game Reload don't worry, I am still working on it, I just got a little burned out and needed a break so I decided to start this 2nd project

• I am having fun drawing these floor sprites

• Looking very cool!! I like the bloody foot prints left behind the player.. that kind of attention to detail adds a lot I think.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Looks great!

Looking forward to play it!

• Awesome looking game you got pixel art down to a science!! Looks really fun and the enemy death animation is solid.

• thanks everyone, sorry for the delayed response I have been super busy with work so I have not had a chance to work on this game for a few days, but this is what I have made so far

I am posting it here because I have questions how many sprites can I place on a map before everything starts to slow down right now there is not too much but I am afraid if I put too much it in the layout the whole game will slow down are shadow casters more taxing on the framerate? one of the big inspirations for my game was system shock, I ideally would like a map like this

but if I have to I guess I could break it up into small layouts and just connect them

• Looking great so far! I love me some top down shooters, definitely keep it up!

• Put your enemies by map section into groups. Have the groups turned off until your player gets close to that section of the map, then turn them on. I had a bit of work using maps in my last game.

• Reminds me of Hotline Miami, looking good!

• I'm a big fan of this project, really looking forward to see what comes out of it!

• thanks aton for the positive feedback everyone I have the next few days of work so I am going to knuckle down and get some serious work done on my game

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)