Online Multiplayer Shooter | DEMO

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Demo Game Multiplayer Online with member registration system
  • Hi.

I've been playing around with online multiplayer back and forth during my years without getting a grip of it. But this time I've decided to actually learn how to make an online multiplayer game. So I've started a new project which has no name yet

THE GAME

This will be a competetive game which controls something like don't starve where you run around a big map collecting weapons and gear with the goal of being the last player alive. You'll earn points each match and will be able to upgrade skills and unlock abilities. So you could call it a fusion between H1Z1 and a MOBA with tons of fun different characters.

DEVLOG

I'll be updating this thread with my progress and latest builds so everyone can follow the development. I'm mostly doing this devlog to keep myself motivated and focused on actually finish this game in a pretty short period of time. But I would really appreciate if you could try it out once in a while and comment how it runs. This would help me a lot to understand how it runs across the glode

TEST THE GAME

PLAY THE LATEST VERSION IN BROWSER (Updated 7th Dec 2016)

COMMENT BELOW

• Did the game run smooth?
    • Any problems during your play?
    • What do you think about the art style?
    • Any suggestions for the game?

This is a very early prototype atm and I'm only on day 3 of the development while writing this so a lot will change

• I added another character to the game and played around with the animations a bit. I have also added events for player disconnects so they don't remain in the game.

I also decided to remove the black arm from the characters so the weapon wealding hand is not just a floating one. That is why the characters only have one hand animated as the other one is pinned on them later

Anyway, things are moving along pretty fast and I'm surprosed I could have a functional multiplayer made in just three days. So tomorrow I'll continue to add weapons and stuff for the level editor

• Looks like you will make a cool game, I like the animations Unfortunately I was alone when I tried it haha. Are you invulnerable during a roll?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Anonnymitet

I have been working with the multiplayer plugin as well. I know it can be confusing and painful to learn. So congrats so far, your game looks quite solid. Animations are amazing. Good example how important a few shadows can be. Is adding a lot.

I recommend:

• Add sounds
    • Add a player, name and room selection before a round starts

Keep working on it

• Looks like you will make a cool game, I like the animations Unfortunately I was alone when I tried it haha. Are you invulnerable during a roll?

Glad you like it Yes, you are invulnerable during the roll. However it is an ability that needs to be recharged so you should only use it when you really have to and not waste it. Thank you for testing!

Anonnymitet

I have been working with the multiplayer plugin as well. I know it can be confusing and painful to learn. So congrats so far, your game looks quite solid. Animations are amazing. Good example how important a few shadows can be. Is adding a lot.

I recommend:

- Add sounds

- Add a player, name and room selection before a round starts

Keep working on it

Thank you. It shows how powerful it is to use spriter for animations. I made those animation for testing and it took 3 minutes at most so I really recommend it Yeah, I like to add shadows to this type of camera angle as it makes it easier to get a sense of depth.

Sounds are coming and of course a full fletched menu and lobby as well where you can customize the look of your hero and choose abilities and upgrade skills

• Added blood and some particles today. I have decided to make fully modular characters instead of pre built ones. So you'll be able to select skin color, hair/hat, eyes, mouth, beard, shirt, pants and shoes. And there will be many different objects for each part to chose from so you feel that your character is unique

I've also added some placeholder sounds so it isn't so silent

Aaaand finally added a new roll animation

• Today I've added a simple character creation screen before entering an online match. It isn't pretty and there are just a few parts atm.

The idea is that there will be tons of parts for each object. The mouth and shoe sliders are still missing but will be added soon

And if you have any ideas for fun weapons and gear that would fit in a "comical 2D H1Z1" then please let me know

• New day and new updates. I have redesigned the characters a bit and made them less square shaped. I've also added pre set skin colors in the character creator so users don't create hard to look at colors

Work done today:

• Redesigned characters
    • Added pre set skin colors
    • Added new character parts

Next thing to do is to tweak the online movement syncing so it is as smooth as possible and then start adding to the gameplay

TEST THE GAME

PLAY THE LATEST VERSION IN BROWSER (Updated 8th Dec 2016)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)