My Cat Revenge [Devlog]

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Katz the fighting cat character spritesheet for side scrolling action adventure hack & slash 2D mobile game.
  • /// MY CAT REVENGE \\\ ?

2D Platformer Puzzle Shooter, inspired own our daily challenges and experiences with our cat, but now turning from a uncontrollable joke that became game form with the initial concept of "Rescuing my girlfriend from the devilish claws of my handsome cat."

The game is still in a very early concept, but these are some of the things we would like provide and accomplish within the work in progress of "My Cat Revenge".

Learn to program and create music on our own.

Make an entire game from A to Z.

Make the art based on the prototype not the other way around.

Create a game based on Design by Subtraction Theory.

Add juiciness both in gameplay and visually.

Make and experience that resonates with people of same interests.

/// THE GOAL \\[/b]

?

We are inspired by all medium and we are proud of the work we do as both artists and designers with over 8 years working in the gaming industry, making art for living both freelance and studio we often find more and more ourselves the need to create our own ideas into a game form experiences, that both people can identify and enjoy.

The frustration of always wanted to code and program our games but making them visually stunning with decent gameplay, is always been for my girlfriend and I a dream to be see yet.

This project began in GameMaker Studio but once I got stucked into a wall of programming by code I just couldn't continue, so this is where last couple months I been learning Construct 2 and now I am giving it a try to see how this project gets form.

/// WHAT TO EXPECT \\\?

Weekly Updates - We want to provide at least one update per week, keep in mind we have to keep up our daily work doing freelance for clients and other jobs to keep our dreams alive.

Engaging Experience - If people feel interested about our game we want to provide you with alphas and future betas of our game, so we can learn more and make the best game possible within our limits both financially and skills.

Jokes - Yes we love sarcasm and jokes and this game we would do our best to fit as much as possible into it, we don't want to take this serious after all I have to save my girlfriend from the devilish claws of my handsome cat."

Juicy Gameplay - We know what we want and we hope that our game plays as awesome as we wish it could be, we are aware of our limits in programming and this is reason we are here for, to learn, show and test with you all but more importantly to make the games we always dream to be making.

Lastly I want to thank my family and specially my girlfriend "Stefania" who always supports me and hopes I can make this project a reality, she is been the most wonderful person and I want to do good for both, so me André I would be making this game pretty much on my own, perhaps with her helps once the game prototype is ready and I need add content to the game, but for the most part I would take the enormous task of programming -designing - animating and directing "My Cat Revenge" till is published.

/// UPDATES \\[/h2]

Update V.01 Presenting the main protagonist for "My Cat Revenge" his name André, yes that's right is a pixel art version of myself but way cooler, I drop lots of heats for not been able to safe my girlfriend every time I die, how much cooler it can get we'll find out. Animation is done drawing frame by frame on Aseprite it is my personal software and highly recommended for Pixel Art animation. Also using Pyxel Edit for creating Tilesets both apps are very affordable if anyone interested out there, on making Pixel Art I am not an expert by any means.?

• Hey,

i know the adventures with cat. We have a eight moth old cat.xD Sounds like funny game. The Pixel art Looks really good but the Animation is even better. I will following your thread. Im looking Forward to see a first result...

Cryttexx

(im doing to time also a 2D puzzle platformer xD link is there:

• Hey,

i know the adventures with cat. We have a eight moth old cat.xD Sounds like funny game. The Pixel art Looks really good but the Animation is even better. I will following your thread. Im looking Forward to see a first result...

Cryttexx

(im doing to time also a 2D puzzle platformer xD link is there:

Hey thanks for the comment, yes the crazy adventures you get living with a cat is always funny, this began sometime ago as personal thing a joke that got out of control, and now I want to make it into a real game. I began working with a quiet decent prototype in GameMaker Studio but once I wanted to do more and more, I found a block road of coding, which got me really frustrating so this me relinking the fire of this game and trying to make reborn again, this time around with Construct 2.

My experience with the engine is been great so far, hope I can keep up and start adding the basic mechanics for the prototype first. I hope to see more of your game it looks interesting. Nice to have an fellow developer like me pursuing a long dream of making your own game. Cheers!

• Thanks for your Feedback. Im interested in your first screenshot of your game. I will follow your game.

Bye

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Looks nice what's that software with the animations?

• Looks nice what's that software with the animations?

Hi. I am using Aseprite for animation and Pyxel Edit for tilesets and Photoshop for painting the backgrounds and color correction if need it. Cheers!

• I am eagerly want to see how the cat looks like.

• Now i have an image of "Evil the Cat" in my mind from Earth Worm Jim.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)