Hyper Bounce Blast

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Full game, ready to publish with comments and detailed instructions! Source code and assets included!
  • Nice! Looks really hectic (just the way I like it )!

• Hi

very nice, you are like a super advanced user of C2

I would like to ask some question: Please.

1 how long has it taken you so far?

2 how do you plan and generate ideas?

3 What do you manage your project (tips on stopping it from getting confusing)?

4 What do you do when you get stuck?

5 what book or resources do you recommend?

Any feedback would be very well received.

Many thanks

henry

Hey man, thank's very much for showing an interest in my game

I'll try and answer best I can, not sure how much help I will be though.

1. So far I think it's been about 6 months, should be another 3 left. I have been really lazy on this one though

2. The idea for the main gameplay normally comes from just messing around in C2 or C#/Monogame. Whatever feels good I just keep going. The smaller ideas for level design and enemies normally just pop in my head when I'm doing something else.

3.Hmmm, I'm not too sure actually. The way I tend to work is to get all the basic mechanics working, add in some enemies, get the game feeling nice and then start building the levels. Any mechanic changes after the level design phase tend to be pretty small.

4. From a technical point of view I don't tend to get stuck much now TBH. Been making games for over 20 years now so I kind of know what my limitations are and tend to work within these. If I do get stuck on any C2 related stuff a quick google normally sorts it out.

From a writers block point of view I find the best fix is to record a video of me playing the game and study it to see what's missing or where it looks like it should go next. I tend to miss a load of stuff just play testing, recording videos seems to really help.

5. For C2 related stuff there's nothing better than the C2 forums and tutorials, but you probably know that already

Gameplay and production wise I find Jonathan Blow's lectures on youtube to be amazingly helpful and inspiring.

Here's a link:

Hope that's of some help, I'm not the greatest dev by any stretch though

Thanks again

• Hi Flump

Thank for the quick response.

I am sure that others will find your feedback very useful as on our long journey to game creates.

It long road and someday I will create games that are as good as what you have created.

Thanks

• Hi Flump

Thank for the quick response.

I am sure that others will find your feedback very useful as on our long journey to game creates.

It long road and someday I will create games that are as good as what you have created.

Thanks

Thank you for your kind words...although you haven't played my game yet, it might be terrible

Good luck with your projects!

• Looking very good. The feeling of first implementing gamepad is always priceless. Keep up the good work!

• Looking very good. The feeling of first implementing gamepad is always priceless. Keep up the good work!

Thanks man

Yeah, that's why I gave up mobile development. Developing for controllers is just so much more fun

• Boss number 3

• Hey everyone!

Managed to finally finish boss number 3.

Here's a clip of it in action, think it may still need a tweak here and there.

https://youtu.be/95rfyQP8uBU

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The laser trap section.

• Finally finished making the bonus round

• Just finished adding the Hyper mode

• Loading screens finished

• Just finishing up on BOSS number 4.

• Section 2 on boss 4 done

• This is looking really trippy! All the particles and effects you use are looking great.

Keep it up!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)