Grave Prosperity: Redux

0 favourites
  • I had never seen anyone have the courage to make a 3D with C2 xD Good luck.

-Gleison

• We'll see if it's what people want pretty soon! Here's hoping!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • As far as Unity goes... I would absolutely love to use it but I would have to have a team with me in order to make it happen. I am literally programming handicapped and have simply never been able to get a grasp on it. Plus Amber's model alone has well over 100,000 polygons and I would need a good decimator program and somebody to reset the UVs and even set up normal maps... Basically all the models would have to be redone from the ground up in order to be 3D friendly. If I had a team though, and the money to pay said team, you could bet I would be taking this game into a 3D world. Until then, Construct 2 is a perfect fit for my own limitations, as I can work a project alone and only pay for assets and actors.

That's why I like Zbrush. I can decimate (with Zremesher) a model pretty easily and then bring it back into Modo for final rendering and animation or whatnot. I can sculpt in super high res, and then bring it down so it doesn't bog down Modo with useless polys.

Zbrush does UVs decently as well with uvMaster. So, I end up using this program for more than just sculpting.

Luckily, with Construct 2 those of us that create 3d assets don't have to worry about this since it'll just be imported renders. Who cares if we make a simple treasure chest with 1 million polys, lol.

But yeah, it'd be nice to find a 3d program that had Construct's event system. I can't imagine doing my turn-based rpg in another engine that required programming.

• DrewMelton

Absolutely! Zbrush is an incredible tool that I should really get again. Talk about making top notch models with that program. But as you said with importing 3D rendered sprites, the poly count doesn't matter so they can be as detailed as we want! I'm still young in my game design life though, so maybe one day I'll move on to using bigger and better things for future projects.

• Very cool design idea. I like it.

• Thank you!

• This is the official walkthrough for the Grave Prosperity: Redux Demo that was released on October 31st 2014.

In an attempt to keep the walkthrough as linear as possible, all cutscenes have been skipped and exploration is kept to a minimum.

The gameplay, visuals and audio present in this demo do not represent the final product of this game.

• I was only planning on watching it for a minute or two but ended up watching the whole thing! The voice acting for the main character is top notch. The narrow field of vision reminds me a lot of the original resident evil.

Are you planning on adding any kind of indicators that help guide the player through the level? For example a shine on the doorknob of the door or a flicker of light on the desk that catches your eye briefly to indicate that you can interact with it?

By the end of the video I genuinely wanted to know what happened next, so in that respect I think you have done a great job so far.

• Wow thank you, that's very nice! And yes, Marissa Lenti has done an amazing job with her part as Amber on this project. Resident Evil has played a very big part in the ways I have gone about some of the design aspects. I haven't decided yet if I will be using indicators to signify intractable objects or not. I know most modern games are like that, but I feel like it may take away from the investigative nature of the game. I want players to look for items and irregularities in the environment instead of on-screen prompts. If you want to see the demo in its entirety, here is a complete playthrough with all cutscenes and exploration included:

Thank you again for your compliments! I look forward to having Part 1 released very soon!

• NEWS & UPDATES!

Since the release of the demo, people have been giving some pretty positive feedback, but for some reason it still felt like something just wasn't quite there.. After making the playthrough videos for the demo, I realized the issue was in responsiveness to reaction time. Not in the sense of low framerate, but in the way of having to allow certain animations to run completely before making another move.

So to fix this issue I set up an "attack cancellation system." Teleporting enemies and counter attacking ones could make combat feel a bit unfair when Amber is in mid attack and cannot break out of her animation to dodge or block. So to fix this, the attack cancellation system will allow you to break out of mid attack and dodge or put up your guard. Now the only reason to take damage is due to difficulty rather than unfairness.

Another addition is the ability to choose to walk or sprint. Previously in the demo, Amber could either only walk or only sprint. When she is unarmed, walking is the only option. And when she becomes armed, she could only run. Now, after getting your first weapon, you can choose to walk or run at any time. The running animation has also bee modified.

The final point of interest for the current upgrades is a modification to killing your enemies. Now, for smaller creatures, depending on the attack that lands the finishing blow during a combo, an enemy can either be decapitated or cut completely in two. This tends to make surviving an encounter a little more gratifying.

This is it for the mentionable upgrades and changes, but there are plenty more to be seen in-game when Part 1 is released!

• Update!

A decision has finally been made for the distribution of Grave Prosperity: Redux. Due to many additions and changes in assets, each part of GP: Redux will be sold at $1.99 USD. Originally the game was going to be free, but there has been so much more put into the project than I ever expected there to be.

• UPDATE!

These are the two official trailers for Grave Prosperity: Redux part 1

One graciously created for the game by Luka Arambašić, and the other right here at home by LDC Studios. Part 1 will be available on Steam by 2/20/2015!

• Alright everybody, part 1 for Grave Prosperity: Redux is now up on Steam Greenlight! We need votes to get this title off the ground and officially onto Steam! Show your support by upvoting this title!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =391796953

• Finally!

Grave Prosperity: Redux part 1 is now available for purchase at its main site http://www.graveprosperityredux.com/ for $1.99 USD! Part 2 will begin production 2/17/2015!

• I'm thinking I'll have some updates on it within a week!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)