Grave Prosperity: Redux

0 favourites
  • Well how about that! It worked like a charm! I didn't know sub events could run off the main event. I thought they were just there for organization. That is gonna save tons of time on a lot of different things! Thank you for your help!

• No problem If you need help with tightening other areas I can help if you want.

• I am always open to assistance! Hopefully by the time I may need help again I'll have that 500 rep so I can send PMs.

• This is an image of Gabriel Pryst, a character that has been previously unseen in the story. His appearance will play a crucial role on things.

• Here are a few more images from Part 1

• Spectacular work. Do you have a demo for us keyboarders yet ?

• Thank you! And unfortunately no... BUT what is going to happen is Part 1 will be released with full Keyboard compatibility! I've decided the game will remain free too, so there will be no risk for players who may be on the fence about getting the game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Looks scary! Turn the lights out...

• Speaking of scary... I found this video of someone playing Grave Prosperity: Redux and thought it was an interesting watch

twitch.tv/mrresetx/b/588760108

Sounds like it's Italian, so I have no idea what the guy is saying, but after about 7 minutes in some of his reactions are priceless! I love to see people enjoying my work and I hope to find more playthroughs as time goes on! Let's all show MrResetX some love for his support!

• Here is a clip from Part 1 of Grave Prosperity: Redux featuring the first appearance of the remodeled Berserker!

• That is a smart marketing move I see a lot of developers do to build their fan base. Give the first chapter and then the following chapters are paid for.

• I don't even know that I'll be charging for this game at all. The whole thing may just end up being free to play. If people ask for any sort of DLC content to be made then that may be paid for, but other than that it will likely be free. Of course that won't keep me from putting all of my efforts into making the game the highest quality I can.

• It's interesting that you say that because I grew up on Mikami's work and it actually does have a huge influence on all of my own work. I don't want to replicate what he's done, but finding stylistic similarities is almost always guaranteed in any game that I make (intentional or not). I'm not just referring to the RE series either, but other titles like Devil May Cry and even God Hand. It is nice to have something I made be compared to something as huge (for me) as RE, even if it is only visually.

• Alone and the Dark and Resident Evil are great classics to be compared to .

Ah okay that is a lot of love and investment because I am pretty sure you could do well with a kickstarter.

• PhoenixNightly I was thinking about a kickstarter at one point, but because of the music I am using the project would cost far more than I feel like people would be willing to invest in it. I'm talking thousands of dollars for licenses on the vast majority of the tracks. That plus the cost to upgrade hardware and software in order to make the game look even better.

I got to thinking that if I did put the game out for free, that would make it more readily available for an even broader audience. Granted, if it was paid I was thinking like $1.99 per part of the game, making the complete project $5.97 (Which I think is pretty reasonable). BUT the more people that can play it at their own leisure, the more the game can advertise itself by word of mouth. And what's better to talk about than a game with tight gameplay, good visuals and full cinematics that's for FREE?

Then of course there is the initial put-off many people will have because of the awkwardly dressed protagonist against the action/horror theme (I know, it's very Japanese. But hey- Mikami...). Some will not be able to bring themselves to pay even $1.99 because of that, but it is compelling looking enough that curiosity will force them to download it if it's for free (speaking for fans of the genre). If they're a fan of the action/horror genre then I have no doubt they will enjoy it and even they will be telling their friends about it and writing reviews. If the game gains enough popularity somebody high up might notice it. If they do- WOOO!! If not- well it was crazy fun times working on it anyway. And I now have a small piece of immortality as long as the internet exists.

*Whew* That was WAY more long winded than I thought it would be. But yeah, that's the method behind the madness.

Nesteris Do you have a portfolio I could check out? I don't mind making my own trailers and such, but any good reason to focus more on the game itself is totally welcome here!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)