Grand Thumb Auto Calling All Bad--ss Drivers!

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • UPDATE: Added more cars and now you can pick up and drop off customers. Smoothed out traffic and increased your car speed and added a little drift to make it interesting. Leader board now working.

Check it out and test your driving skills:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/racing-games/grand-thumb-auto-demo-version-15088

NOTE: Scirra arcade server has been running slow so it may take awhile to load games and if it stalls restart. If you see the old version clear your browser cache and reload.

This is the first mission only and will let you test your driving skills. I will be adding many more missions, scenery, cars and traffic and the story will be developed as I go along so bookmark the game and this topic and you will be notified when I update the game.

Thanks and enjoy the game!

Do you love fast driving games?

Grand Thumb Auto is a driving game with missions to complete and goals to unlock for better cars, NOS systems, and new scenery.

The game is deigned for phone or Ipad or computer and the car can be driven with a thumb stick (steering wheel) or with the mouse or arrow keys.

The story: You start out as a newbie that wants to be a SuperUber taxi driver. You have to earn enough to pay off your car by accomplishing missions. First mission is to collect the money that has fallen out of the back of an armored car.

Then once you have paid for your car you can collect fares by picking up people and taking them to their destinations. There will be many different destinations and the faster you get them there without an accident the more you get paid.

If you get in to a fender bender you will spend time and cash at the garage and you will be there more than you like because the traffic gets heavier and the missions get harder as you become a better driver. Get in a serious accident and you will visit the hospital or worse!

Some of the scenes will include an ocean beach, city, country and maybe even off road and you will have stops along the way to get out and stretch your legs, buy some food or maybe fall in love.

Beautiful scenery, fast cars and good music- what more could you ask for?

OK that is the plan for this game all done in a small screen space with fast loading graphics and action.

I have the driving and traffic mechanics working excellent and just need to design the scenery and missions so bookmark this topic and follow along as I progress on the game please and leave some feedback and ideas for missions in the comments.

• Bump:

UPDATE: The Demo Version is now in the Scirra arcade here:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/racing-games/grand-thumb-auto-demo-version-15088?action=updated

This is the first mission only and will let you test your driving skills. I will be adding many more missions, scenery, cars and traffic and the story will be developed as I go along so bookmark the game and this topic and you will be notified when I update the game.

Thanks and enjoy the game!

• UPDATE: Added in another car and closed gap in traffic to make it more challenging and increased cash drops so you can accomplish the first mission a little faster.

Working on customer pickups and drop offs today and some scenery.

• Hey,

Some things;

• My initial thought; the name might be misguiding as the game doesn't involve any car jacking
    • When I start driving from the side onto the highway, you'll quickly get hit by a truck or other vehicles. I know you're supposed to gain speed first, but you know how gamers are, they jump right into it without thinking
    • When I do get hit from the rear, my car and the other vehicle keep sliding/their speed and other cars pass right through it.
    • Also, definitely work on the quality of the intro screen, the small font, Times New Roman font, etc. all needs some work
    • Perhaps add difficulty levels. I was kinda disappointed that I had to pay a fee in the garage right at the start, make it easier in the beginning to learn the ropes instead of learning the 'hard way' and more or less punishing them for their bad skills. I had little incentive to keep playing, it's too hard
    • Like that you added a story to it, gives it more depth, but should should also explain it more - or like I said reference it to uber taxi drivers instead of GTA. Perhaps call it 'Uber thumb driver' you get my point

What are your intentions with the game, sell it as an app or just for fun/testing or..? Just curious.

• R
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey,

What are your intentions with the game, sell it as an app or just for fun/testing or..? Just curious.

- R

This is still very early beta and is just testing the traffic and driving for now. That first level is practice so you can learn to enter and exit traffic and move from lane to lane.

If you rush right out in traffic in a real car you get slammed from behind in real life lol!

The story is not following Grand Theft Auto and this is Grand Thumb Auto. I intentionally will keep any criminal behavior out of the game and after you collect the dropped money from the armored car you will return it and get a reward to pay for your car.

Then you will be busy picking up customers and taking them to their destinations. Some customers have very interesting stories that will send you on missions to earn bonuses and better vehicles and you will be able to exit the vehicle and complete side missions.

The story is still developing but you will become involved with characters like Kelly the hot dispatcher maybe and fall in love. That is just one idea.

I will probably make it free to play with a shorter story version and maybe a long version with scenery and cars and missions for a paid version but I am a long ways from making that decision. For now it is just for fun.

• lol, fall in love. Lovin' that imagination of yours though. Keep it up, but of course in-line with your game.

I was just saying, due to the immens popularity of GTA people will immediately think your is about something similar, while it's actually the opposite. It does attract attention to your game by the name alone though. But I don't know, this is just my opinion.

I'm also working on games for fun, although my current project has gotten out of hand a bit. But we'll see, I'm busy assuring quality so perhaps there are some monetisation opions in the future.

• R
  • lol, fall in love. Lovin' that imagination of yours though. Keep it up, but of course in-line with your game.

I was just saying, due to the immens popularity of GTA people will immediately think your is about something similar, while it's actually the opposite. It does attract attention to your game by the name alone though. But I don't know, this is just my opinion.

I'm also working on games for fun, although my current project has gotten out of hand a bit. But we'll see, I'm busy assuring quality so perhaps there are some monetisation opions in the future.

- R

One of the turn offs that parents have to GTA is the criminal element and violence. This is going to be focused for those who like to drive and accomplish missions and have adventures but with a positive message so parents won't be offended by the game.

Thanks for the feedback and have a great day!

• Hey,

ah yes I totally understand that. I'm not saying you should change the game, but rather the name as it's got to do with people's expectations, a game name should 'tell' what the game is about. If you get my point. I'm not trying to boss you around of course, this is just what I was thinking.

• Hey,

ah yes I totally understand that. I'm not saying you should change the game, but rather the name as it's got to do with people's expectations, a game name should 'tell' what the game is about. If you get my point. I'm not trying to boss you around of course, this is just what I was thinking.

Here ya go- try this version.

UPDATE: Added more cars and now you can pick up and drop off customers. Smoothed out traffic and increased your car speed and added a little drift to make it interesting. Leader board now working.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)