GARDN | Devlog

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Hey everybody!

I'm currently working on pixel platformer I called "GARDN". For now, the gameplay is quite basic, but the character will be able to interact with some objects, moving them or activating some of them to solve puzzles. I am trying to work on the story to make it really interesting to play. I worked on some games with Construct 2 before, but was never able to finish one, I hope this one is the one.

Story:

You begin on the 13th Space Station, dedicated to the exploration of the universe. The computer informs you that seven clones were created, and each were sent to explore different exoplanets one after another, you are the last one on board: "N°7".

You will be sent on a planet in a space pod with "human eggs" on board, the computer tells you that your mission will be to create a colony if the planet is habitable. Here begins your journey.

Gameplay:

The character will be able to:

• Run, Jump
    • Climb vines
    • Move objects with Gravity Gun
    • Ride animals

Style:

I'm a huge fan of pixel art, and lot of inspiration for the game design ( which is probably not the final version ) came from Fez.

But I want to mix true pixel art sprites and HD images, for backgrounds for example. We'll see what it will look like and if it is a good idea later.

I still have a lot of ideas for the game so come back later, i'm looking forward to share them with you.

Of course any feedback is welcome!

Thanks for reading!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • looks/sounds cool. I like the idea of seeding a colony.. will you be able to launch from the planet and visit other colonies? or make other colonies?

• Your project looks promising, but if you want to make your project unique/truly stand out, maybe you should try to find your own pixel based artstyle. The single screenshot I see looks very Fez (almost as if it's copying the artstyle) and while that's not a bad thing, it looks kind of generic to me.

• looks/sounds cool. I like the idea of seeding a colony.. will you be able to launch from the planet and visit other colonies? or make other colonies?

I don't know yet.. I think it might be cool, i'll think about it

Your project looks promising, but if you want to make your project unique/truly stand out, maybe you should try to find your own pixel based artstyle. The single screenshot I see looks very Fez (almost as if it's copying the artstyle) and while that's not a bad thing, it looks kind of generic to me.

Hmm, now that you're saying it I also realize that I almost copied Fez's style, and I can't make it look as pretty as Fez so I should probably try something more personal yes.. Thank you !

• Regarding graphics.. You could look into graphics created with vectors - or just in a similar style. More or less simple shapes and clear colors. Using a more "real" background could work better against that visual style. Just a thought that came to me!

• Regarding graphics.. You could look into graphics created with vectors - or just in a similar style. More or less simple shapes and clear colors. Using a more "real" background could work better against that visual style. Just a thought that came to me!

I see what you mean! I'm actually working on making the visual style more original so your advices are really useful thank you

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)