Feedback request Legacy of Lina

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Create an awesome world for your RPG top-down game with this Tileset
  • Hi, I am working on a game called Legacy of Lina, it is not finished.

It is a metroidvania game, you can play it on scirra arcade

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/action-games/legacy-of-lina-10318

The design of the main character is something that i will improve.

Your feedbacks are welcome! Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Very cool! I'm also working on a Metroidvania type game so I love seeing other people's creations! I have a few comments/feedback.

-how come your main character has a sword if she doesn't use it?

-i like your fx animations! the smokes, fire and stuff looks cool! can't wait to see your character redesigns! What program are you using to create your art?

-i wonder if you can make A the jump button? maybe its just me but i found it difficult to use x to jump

-i think your control scheme on the game pad feels awkward. maybe it'll get easier when i fill up my abilities but I had a hard time pressing the correct buttons to do actions. I wanted to press R2 to attack to L2 is the default trigger attack. I kept pressing A (360 controller) to jump but it's X. this is definitely a bit nitpicky comment though in a way. Others probably didn't have the same experience with the controls.

I just got the double jump and will continue playing. Good stuff! So are you planning on having a map? What about an options screen? Anyway, keep up the good work!

• Thank you heyguy !

-The sword is part of the story it has a meaning, but the story is not complete in the demo.

-The animations are really cool, I bought it.

https://www.scirra.com/store/effects-for-games/15-sprite-effects-1335

-This is my first game, the ideia is exactly what you said, the jump button must be in the position that you said, i am using a ps model and the jump works perfectly, i need to check it.

-R2 and L2 both are magic attacks, maybe the best way to solve it is to let the player choose the buttons.

-Map is a good ideia, options screen to adjust volume and commands, I will do it!

Thank you! Sorry for my english i am not an american.

• Awesome! You're english is fine! When do you think you'll release this game? What's been the most complicated problem you've had to overcome to so far?

• heyguy

Maybe in 6 mounths, i need to program 3 bosses, 1 new map, fix some bugs, find someone to drawn the main character and test it.

I started using Construct 2 in January and i am working alone. I don't have too much time to program the game, because i work during the day.

I am facing the problems now with feedbacks, i need to know how to attract people to play, most of the people don't comment or rate the game, they play 2 minutes and leave, now i have some friends playing the entire demo, they will help me to improve the game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)