Farm Fury, for Ludum Dare 32! Please give feedback!

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a puzzle game about farms and farm animals suitable for kids.
  • Hey guys! I'm looking for good feedback on the game I made for Ludum Dare 32! Construct 2 made the 72 hour deadline possible, and I'm really proud of the product I was able to put out! Right now I'm looking to retool the game and release it, probably for Kongregate and potentially the Scirra Arcade! First, though, I need all the feedback I can get. I would really appreciate it if you guys could give it a play and let me know what you think!

What I already know:

-The music is a touch too loud (Use "M" to mute)

-The game's difficulty is a bit skewed (To try out the different fruits, try focusing on strawberries until it unlocks- Strawberry Spam OP!)

Any other commentary would be great. Thank you guys so much!

Web Version - http://nevermorenorth.com/admin/FarmFur ... mfury.html

PC Version - https://www.dropbox.com/s/yo7jxbl4osbve ... n.zip?dl=0

OSX Version - https://www.dropbox.com/s/fu3yvpla0zgbb ... X.zip?dl=0

Linux Version - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibu5r7ddwujct ... x.zip?dl=0

• I enjoyed your game, it is like a hardcore, action-packed farm ville. Here is IMO what I think will make your game much better :

Graphics

• the map is too "plain", add more tiles (dirt, grass, flowers, plants, ... etc)
    • monsters have great animations, but their images have a low resolution, which doesn't match the player character and the overall style
    • When dying, monsters should play an animation instead of just disappearing, or you could use a nice particle effect instead
    • Menus could use a little more love, I don't like the red gradient effect in the background, it makes the whole thing look cheap.

Controls :

• Add diagonal movement, this should be easy if you're using the 8-direction behavior.
    • Add arrow keys support, some people (like me) don't like WASD (because we have AZERTY keyboards, or really like arrow keys)

Other :

• any form of instruction at the beginning of the game would be appreciated, aside from the "instructions" screen you already implemented
    • When you try to shoot without any "bullets", there should be a form of feedback, like for example by displaying "you need to plant stuff" or "no ammo".

These are just the negative points to help you in your development, here is what I liked :

• Farming & shooting is a great combination
    • Good use of particle effects and nice animations overall
    • Challenging enemies
    • Effective and simple menus

Great result for just 72 hours of work. I'm eager to see the final iteration of your game, good luck.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Zed2100, Sorry if took me so long to respond. Thank you so much for trying my game, and I REALLY appreciate the feedback. A lot of your suggestions are going straight in!

I did have a few notes, though, and I would love your responses.

I chose to use WASD movement because of its proximity to Q and E, and I don't know if there is a good analog for those. Perhaps CTRL and SHIFT? Also, how would you feel about using a controller instead of mouse and keyboard?

I'm planning on implementing an angry birds-esque stage system, to gradually implement the fruits and instructions for the games. Whenever the player is presented with something new, a tutorial window will pop up.

Let me know what you think about those changes, if you don't mind. Thanks again for playing my game, and your awesome feedback!

• this game is pretty nit!:D you have one Z order problem in web version, and diagonal movement doesn't work, maybe enable it? so it makes the char move smoother?:D everything else is awesome kinda a quick reaction game well done!

Zed2100 kinda covered all issues gluck

• Thanks so much for the review!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)