DRAGON BALL MULTIVERSE THE GAME

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • First look

• Be careful it looks like you're in breach of copyright. Unless you have permission from the owners of Dragon Ball?

• Well people who made this story(comics) dont have premission from original Author they dont receive any money this is just a fanart i dont need premision to create game

• Actually officially you do need permission and are not allowed to do it. In their FAQ they say this:

[quote:2tjuu38n]But you're allowed to do that?...

...no. We could be if this was a parody (like the well-known Spanish Dragon Fall), but here, we'd need the copyright, and we will never get it.

But, as we don't sell this comic, there is no reason to stop us from giving publicity to Dragon Ball

In japan, fan-comics like this one, named Dôjinshi, are very popular and numerous.

Which means whoever owns the copyright can stop you at anytime. I am just making sure you are aware so IF it happens it isn't a complete surprise that you have to remove everything you worked hard to produce.

• TheWyrm interesting Thank you im take look at this closer. I cant use Dragon Ball sprites iven if i dont want make money with this project?

• delgado So officially and legally no. However, you can still do it, but like Dragonball Multiverse they take the risk that at any time they could be told to stop and remove it.

• delgado This does not stop you from using the art as a placeholder to test your engine.

When you are complete with your project just swap out the sprites with your own personal sprites that you have and no harm can be done to all your hard work.

in the future be very careful which sprites you use when making a game, This can break your indie dev career in a fast way.

• There are a bunch of fan made games out there, ie metroidlikes, vanialikes and they are technically in violation of copyright but don't seem to have issues. In terms of the Dragonball franchise, I've seen trouble for one of the mod makers out there. The mod Bid for Power had some issues if I recall correctly and even received a cease and desist order. So maybe their publishers are a bit more inclined to do those sorts of things.

Certainly something to keep in mind, it's a dangerous game to play

• RookieDev i change sprites to my own in future. San you are right too when i start making this game i search ethernet to find other games , i found many games about DB.

Maybe when this game will be great and playable, i will send message to author and give him my game for small percent of selled copy?

• delgado More than likley if your project does do well you are putting yourself at risk of Cease and Desist Orders from Bandai or even worse. Your best bet is to make sure you swap your sprites or you are doing nothing more than rolling the dice with your hard work.

Here is the only Developer with rights to DBZ stuff that i know of.

http://www.bandainamcogames.com/game/dr ... verse.html

• RookieDev you suggest to change sprite to my own but still dragon ball? or completly other sprites?

• delgado You should use your own brand new sprites! and replace all the DragonBall Z Sprites.

All you need to do if you dont have the funds is to showcase your work to other game artists that are also in need of work.

Most artists will help you if you have a project to show them from the start. But never expect for someone to work for free.

You may get lucky and find someone that is a Dragon Ball fan aswell and bring your game to new heights!

You should start by looking for an artist that can help you with making art for your project, Im not saying stop what you are doing but more or less start looking for someone to help you with Graphics!

You could make your own Title Name with your own characters that have special powers just like DragonBall, all you need to do is find an artist on one of the many forums that are on the World Wide Web.

• It's not enough just to change sprites.

Essentially it would need you not use anything related to DragonBall. No art. No sounds, No Characters. Not to contain the text "DragonBall" in your game i.e. so your title wouldn't fly. Essentially if you use anything it is basically stealing.

So you can do it, but if it makes it big you'll probably get told to stop or get sued for damages.

• delgado More than likley if your project does do well you are putting yourself at risk of Cease and Desist Orders from Bandai or even worse. Your best bet is to make sure you swap your sprites or you are doing nothing more than rolling the dice with your hard work.

Here is the only Developer with rights to DBZ stuff that i know of.

http://www.bandainamcogames.com/game/dr ... verse.html

Yeah, be really careful. If you do use sprites that are indicative of Dragon Ball, just make sure they are changed enough so that you don't fall under a copyright issue.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 60% is the rule of thumb, they need to be different by at least 60% for you to get away with it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)